What Genre best defines you?

Pop, Rock, Hip Hop, Country... It's all good!

Moderator: ForumModerators

Naix

Postby Naix » Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:29 pm

hmmm.
I more of a headbanger, im into rock/some metal. I dont like the stuff where the singer is just shouting at the mic and you cant understand anything. I like older stuff such as ac/dc, metallica, led zeppelin, nirvana,and the newer stuff such as godsmack, tool, audioslave. Also like coldplay and some softer stuff. Im going to a system of a down concert in a few days, should be fun, never seen them live before, looking forward to it. I dont like punk and am by no means goth. ummm thats about it. Just a little more about me :)
World War III will be fought using atomic weapons, the war after that will be fought using sticks and stones.

Vendetta

Postby Vendetta » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:46 pm

I like all music, but if i had to pick my top three, it would be Alternative, Christian, and this one is a hard pick, but i'll go with Classic rock. So hard though cause I love Blues, Jazz and classical as well shhhez :wink:
Fortune follows the Bold.

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:10 pm

No need to define yourself with music. I like so many genres that it's hard to say for me as well so I know where your coming from. Music should be organic and tissue based in nature so I don't have any limits to what I can enjoy in any genre. Hell I have even enjoyed some tool, nin, and randy travis. :shock:

Vendetta

Postby Vendetta » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:08 pm

I'm with ya Non. Nin first album and second thumbs up! :wink:
Fortune follows the Bold.

1/2LuNaTiC

Postby 1/2LuNaTiC » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:48 pm

Jazz/ RnB/ Hip Hop

Laid back...yet I have my loud side.

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:54 pm

I knew I liked you lunatic. Are you serious? That's some serious musical maturity for your age.

1/2LuNaTiC

Postby 1/2LuNaTiC » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:55 pm

Yep thats me. Jazz is probably cause my mom listens to it so much. Grows on you I guess :D . I noticed...I'm pretty damn quiet on TS compared to most of you all...especially Rall, sometimes I wanna mute the guy :wink:

ClownMajik
SpoogeMan!

Postby ClownMajik » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:10 pm

1/2LuNaTiC wrote: I noticed...I'm pretty damn quiet on TS compared to most of you all...especially Rall, sometimes I wanna mute the guy :wink:

Yeah theres a rule in Ti. Everyone has to think that to speak on TS
"Of all the moments in my life, you were always there somewhere. Once as a wish. Once as a blessing. And now as the greatest loss I'll ever experience."

Yrrek

Postby Yrrek » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:31 am

Naix you bastard. I REALLY want to go to SOAD but so far I won't be able to make it because of their stupid scheduling =(

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:10 am

Is sarcasm a musical genre?

For "definition" I guess it would have to be Classic Country/Western because it's old, outdated and only my mother listens to it anymore.

As far as what I listen to... I vascillate between classic rock and alternative...occasionally drifting into soft jazz or heavy metal.

ClownMajik
SpoogeMan!

Postby ClownMajik » Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:42 pm

law.of.averages wrote:Is sarcasm a musical genre?

Sarcasm is the new english.
"Of all the moments in my life, you were always there somewhere. Once as a wish. Once as a blessing. And now as the greatest loss I'll ever experience."

Naix

Postby Naix » Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:37 pm

Yrrek wrote:Naix you bastard. I REALLY want to go to SOAD but so far I won't be able to make it because of their stupid scheduling =(

Hehe, got back home around 2:00 am this morning, only got a few hours of sleep, but it was well worth it. Bad Acid Trip opened, followed by the Mars Volta (which I didnt really like) then SOAD came and kicked ass. They played alot of their songs, at least more than i expected, and a song that will be on the album coming out in november i think. Don't think there was a person standing still in the whole place. Wasn't sure i was going at first because it was on a wednesday
World War III will be fought using atomic weapons, the war after that will be fought using sticks and stones.

Yrrek

Postby Yrrek » Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:20 pm

Man I really wanted to go! Oh well, I saw four concerts this summer: Goldfinger, George Clinton (which was amazing), Tom Petty, and Journey. =D

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:12 pm

Wow Yrrek, you single handedly resurrected the 80's! :wink:

Yrrek

Postby Yrrek » Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:00 pm

Actually that was Pam Andersen =D

Return to “music in mind”