Anyone remember this kid from Texas?

Pop, Rock, Hip Hop, Country... It's all good!

Moderator: ForumModerators

Hoss

Anyone remember this kid from Texas?

Postby Hoss » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:39 am

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Postby pewterdragn » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:26 am

Yeah dude. I remember him playing him playing G3 with Satriani.

He's pretty darn talented.
1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:54 am

Of course.
Eric is great. He has a few songs that I have listened to over and over. This is one of them, Cliffs of Dover. Now that I'm thinking about it, this was the Austin City Limits that I first heard this song years ago and thought... who is that!!!

Satriani is a kind of mentor to him and to Steve Vai. I just got Satriani's latest cd Super Colossal. Very good. http://www.satriani.com/
Last edited by nonstop on Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hoss

Postby Hoss » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:41 am

I used to go see him play at Cheatem St. Warehouse - a dive. He signed my '79 Fender strat. A really shy but nice guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzbg49ka ... %20johnson

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:02 pm

I'm upset I couldn't find this version of him playing a song of his when the blue note recording inc came back. But this is good enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baDM3_6w ... y%20Jordan

Stanley Jordan is amazing. Not necessarily versatile in everything but he can do some amazing shit.
"Son look at all the people linin' up for plastic, wouldnt you like to see them in the national geographic? Squatting bare assed in the dirt eatin' rice from a bowl, with a towel on their head and maybe a bone in their nose?"

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:07 pm

"Son look at all the people linin' up for plastic, wouldnt you like to see them in the national geographic? Squatting bare assed in the dirt eatin' rice from a bowl, with a towel on their head and maybe a bone in their nose?"

Rall_Ricker

Postby Rall_Ricker » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:10 pm

NICE!!BEATLES PWN ALL!!! :D :D
dont let the tiggrrrr get u...or nyte the nipple pincher either

Hoss

Postby Hoss » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:29 pm

Aw so kewl y'all remembered Jordan! He was the shit. I remember reading he was discovered on a street corner playing two songs at once in the same key on one guitar.

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:46 pm

Yeah Hoss, we was infamous for doing that kind of stuff. Hell if you can play a song with bass, chord comp, melody/solo, then thats probably not much! Hahahahaa...

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:28 am

Soulja wrote:Yeah Hoss, we was infamous for doing that kind of stuff. Hell if you can play a song with bass, chord comp, melody/solo, then thats probably not much! Hahahahaa...

Stanley's a monster, saw him about 18 years ago in miami at a jazz fest. He was in the movie blind date during a spot too. Matter of fact I remember him doing Eleonor.

I play a lot of 2 hand on the fretboard stuff like that on my acoustic. He really helped pioneer it with some other greats like Michael Hedges.

His style is so different than eric johnsons though. Not even to be compared. Matter of fact some people don't even like it because the 2 handed thing on an electric can sound kind of metallic and thin.

Return to “music in mind”