LA Airport Security

If you thought twice about it or just laughed your ass off here's the place to share. Screenshots, quotes, captures, etc.

Moderator: ForumModerators

law.of.averages

LA Airport Security

Postby law.of.averages » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:20 pm

So,

I'm in line for security at LAX. I'm waiting to roll my stuff through the x-ray. They keep saying "We recommend you take off your shoes and run them through the x-ray" Well, I took "recommend" to mean I had an option. But I got pulled aside, and had my shoe's "shined" with some kind of test cloth.

After that, I moved to my gate, (which happened to be the one closest to security) and sat down where a construction crew left a table, setup the laptop and started working... even managed to hook into the wireless leaking from the 'president's lounge' as well.

I'm there about 30 minutes when I hear security shouting Everyone stop moving immediatly. They repeated it 2 or 3 times to make sure everyone heard.

It's absolutely amazing how many people will hear someone say Everyone stop moving immediately and walk toward the speaker to see what the commotion is all about. People are IDIOTS!

I heard a radio bark "I have visual contact" but the rest was muffled. Thankfully after a few minutes they let everyone go again, and I wasn't stuck there while they hunted someone down.

Yrrek

Postby Yrrek » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:39 pm

Whoa, freaky stuff. Glad you are ok!

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:22 pm

Did you let them know you were the Law?

The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.

Sir Winston Churchill, Speech at Harvard University, September 6, 1943

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:28 pm

I thought you were going to get busted for ganking bandwidth. :shock:

Ace

Postby Ace » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:46 pm

My guess, the terminal snack shop was down to their last donut...

No better use of tax payers dollars then a million dollar infered, gyroscopicially stabalized, laser sighted, bomb sniffing, donut cam.

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:21 pm

I've been to LAX before as well, and it's definitely interesting taking off my shoes and walking nearly bare foot. Most of the people were douche bags as well. At least my flight attendants were hot ;)
"Son look at all the people linin' up for plastic, wouldnt you like to see them in the national geographic? Squatting bare assed in the dirt eatin' rice from a bowl, with a towel on their head and maybe a bone in their nose?"

Hoss

Postby Hoss » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:06 pm

Oh shit...that was me...I farted but I didn't understand what the big deal was.

Dr.Feelgood

Postby Dr.Feelgood » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:59 pm

Soulja wrote:I've been to LAX before as well, and it's definitely interesting taking off my shoes and walking nearly bare foot. Most of the people were douche bags as well. At least my flight attendants were hot ;)

Its the same way at Cincys airport. Taking shoes off is NOT an option...take em off or get a cavity search. Yet, there are security holes so wide that if I time it right I can walk alongside runways at night and never be noticed.
Because I really don't have anything interesting to say for the most part...

"Hi mom!"

Booch

Postby Booch » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:43 am

I almost got on a plane from St Louis to San Diego last year with a pair of hair scissors. Inadvertantly, they were in the little travel bag I had purchased. The security officer pulled me aside, searched the bag for until he found them. Proceeded to check how sharp they were and said "These aren't allowed". I responded "Uh.. I had no idea those were in there and I rarely fly.".

So he proceeds to tel me that he'd let it slide this time. Told me I might have problems on my return flight.

Duhh.. I said "Just throw them away, I don't want any problems over a $2 pair of scissors!".

So, if you have any intention of hijacking a plane, all you have to do is play dumb!

Return to “did that really happen?”