Underwater Fun

If you thought twice about it or just laughed your ass off here's the place to share. Screenshots, quotes, captures, etc.

Moderator: ForumModerators

Ace

Underwater Fun

Postby Ace » Fri May 16, 2008 8:29 am

I warned Sid that there was a good chance I was going to destroy my thousand dollar video camera (well, now it's probably only $600) by taking it underwater on our Maui vacation. About two minutes after taking this video, I noticed all these air bubbles coming from my underwater housing. Holy Sh*t!! I raised my camera out of the water as fast as I could and saw about two inches of water in the housing. Treading water, I was able to open the door on the housing and let the water out and seal it back up. I really thought my camera was done for. Losing the camera would suck, but I really would have been pissed because I just got done following this whitemouth moray eel around.

Not sure how Sid was able wait until the exact moment I had something cool on video, but his curse did it's best to screw with me. Luckily, as far as I can tell, everything seems to work.

I linked two video versions off my BLOG. The YouTube one is almost impossible to tell anything going on, try to download and watch the other one if you can. *Neither include the frantic scramble and swearing as I attempted to save the camera though*

Sideous Prime
Clan Leader

Re: Underwater Fun

Postby Sideous Prime » Fri May 16, 2008 9:17 am

Ace wrote:*Neither include the frantic scramble and swearing as I attempted to save the camera though*

That's the best part.

I think the video is great. Good quality for wmv compression and i really like the portion where you swam behind the eel. that was really sweet. good to hear your cam survived too!

btw i pulled all the pins out of your voodoo :P
"You'll never stop at one. I'll take you all on!"

Ace

Re: Underwater Fun

Postby Ace » Fri May 16, 2008 9:29 am

I honestly don't know how I was able to follow the eel as it was swimming as well as I did. It was next to impossible to really tell for sure what was in the frame, it was nothing more then pointing and praying. I'm actually scared to take a look at the footage I have of swimming with a sea turtle because I have a suspicion it will be 5 minutes of a flipper and nothing else.

Sid, if I would have white balanced the video camera in the water, it probably would have corrected the green tint and got the colors better, right?

Thx for the voodoo removal, it doesn't hurt when I pee now either!

Return to “did that really happen?”