weird mars photos

If you thought twice about it or just laughed your ass off here's the place to share. Screenshots, quotes, captures, etc.

Moderator: ForumModerators

Houdini

weird mars photos

Postby Houdini » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:12 am

Heard about this on the news apparently some of the pictures Spirit the Mars orbiter took show some strange humanoid type figure.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7205004.stm

That one dude chillin looks like one of those dudes from starwars that live in the sand and fuck with Luke.

The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.

Sir Winston Churchill, Speech at Harvard University, September 6, 1943

ethanlima058

Re: weird mars photos

Postby ethanlima058 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:59 am

The one on the right definitely just looks like a rock. If you look closely you can see the outline of the rock... it's really pretty obvious.

The other one [on the left] LOOKS like it could be an alien... but I'm sure it's not. It also looks like a rock... although it's tough to see the rest of the rocks outline. If you do alot of art / photography, you know by using depth-perception and such that there is nothing in the background to give a frame of reference [ex. a horizon or the sun]. So unless you know the exact angle and zoom the rover was using, along with the rovers camera height off the ground, etc., it's very difficult to know.

And think about it... if it's an alien, where are its legs? The "alien" looks like its wearing a dress... I mean come on.

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:25 am

ethanlima058 wrote:The one on the right definitely just looks like a rock. If you look closely you can see the outline of the rock... it's really pretty obvious.

The other one [on the left] LOOKS like it could be an alien... but I'm sure it's not. It also looks like a rock... although it's tough to see the rest of the rocks outline. If you do alot of art / photography, you know by using depth-perception and such that there is nothing in the background to give a frame of reference [ex. a horizon or the sun]. So unless you know the exact angle and zoom the rover was using, along with the rovers camera height off the ground, etc., it's very difficult to know.

And think about it... if it's an alien, where are its legs? The "alien" looks like its wearing a dress... I mean come on.

ATTACK OF THE ROCK ALIENS !!!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands
around reloading".--Thomas Jefferson

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:25 pm

yeah the second pic I zoomed in on just looked strange to me the real pic is the dude in the dress. I know there is other life out there so really I would not be surprised at some point that we will see something and let us know we are not as special as we like to think. Another thought about it is maybe it is Hillary Clintons gay lover that Bill had put on ice until after the election.

Enlight_2.0

Postby Enlight_2.0 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:19 pm

if you look hard enough youll see the virgin mary swallowing a hotdog... :lol:
Always outnumbered, never out gunned.

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:40 pm

Enlight_2.0 wrote:if you look hard enough youll see the virgin mary swallowing a hotdog... :lol:

It would have to be a Koshar dog.

Return to “did that really happen?”