It's not that much money...

If you thought twice about it or just laughed your ass off here's the place to share. Screenshots, quotes, captures, etc.

Moderator: ForumModerators

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:17 pm

And humans have slowly advanced through the ages, taking generation upon generation. There's that old proverb, "Slow and steady wins the race". If race means peace, then I see no reason why it shouldn't be done.

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:46 pm

I don't think anyone listens in these threads so I only post to piss ace off. However....

I don't think people use logic in responses to threats in most cases. If you think about the best options for a response you actually have to think logically and take emotion out.

For instance, if you are bit by a poisonous snake, it takes reason and a certain amount of cool headedness to sit down and put a wrap above the bite instead of chase the m'f#$# down and chop it to bits. If you choose to chase the snake down you may die because you are causing the blood to flow more quickly. If you sit down and let reason prevail, you may live.

There are too many people in america and in the world that want to choose the second scenario when there are usually many options to look at long term. Ironcially, we become like the thing we fear.

Arguing with people that don't have the ability to step outside of that gut reaction to 'get revenge' is really meaningless imo as they are not using logic, but the religion of vengeance, based on an emotional vendetta.

I hope something in that pissed Ace off.

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:07 pm

nonstop wrote:I don't think anyone listens in these threads so I only post to piss ace off. However....

I don't think people use logic in responses to threats in most cases. If you think about the best options for a response you actually have to think logically and take emotion out.

For instance, if you are bit by a poisonous snake, it takes reason and a certain amount of cool headedness to sit down and put a wrap above the bite instead of chase the m'f#$# down and chop it to bits. If you choose to chase the snake down you may die because you are causing the blood to flow more quickly. If you sit down and let reason prevail, you may live.

There are too many people in america and in the world that want to choose the second scenario when there are usually many options to look at long term. Ironcially, we become like the thing we fear.

Arguing with people that don't have the ability to step outside of that gut reaction to 'get revenge' is really meaningless imo as they are not using logic, but the religion of vengeance, based on an emotional vendetta.

I hope something in that pissed Ace off.

Not enough references to frenching Fatality.

Sideous Prime
Clan Leader

Postby Sideous Prime » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:15 pm

i really hate threads like this but i'll make this one post.

why don't we let them exterminate themselves.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17105333/
"You'll never stop at one. I'll take you all on!"

Ace

Postby Ace » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:57 pm

nonstop wrote:I hope something in that pissed Ace off.

All your post does is makes me want to watch Snakes on a MotherF#ckin Plane!

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:25 pm

Sideous Prime wrote:i really hate threads like this but i'll make this one post.

why don't we let them exterminate themselves.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17105333/

That is exactly what we are going to do. Really I think we should puill out to Jordan let Iran bring troops in, get there asses kicked and then come back and finish them off.

The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.

Sir Winston Churchill, Speech at Harvard University, September 6, 1943

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:36 am

Ace wrote:
nonstop wrote:I hope something in that pissed Ace off.

All your post does is makes me want to watch Snakes on a MotherF#ckin Plane!

lol

Hoss

Postby Hoss » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:20 pm

Hey y'all would get much more/quicker discussion if you got off yer butts and logged on to OUR mirc channel! Lots of other ppl do...#Ticlan

*hint* *hint*

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:52 pm

wow i forgot all about that thing.

The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.

Sir Winston Churchill, Speech at Harvard University, September 6, 1943

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:18 am

Hoss wrote:Hey y'all would get much more/quicker discussion if you got off yer butts and logged on to OUR mirc channel! Lots of other ppl do...#Ticlan

*hint* *hint*

Wait...we have an mirc?

Hoss

Postby Hoss » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:30 pm

Yes - and we have for quite awhile. Most of the UT community hangs and chats in here. It's really a kind of tradition since UT99.

Return to “did that really happen?”