Installing UT 3

Your general discussion home away from home.

Moderator: ForumModerators

Deadly
Clan Leader

Installing UT 3

Postby Deadly » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:50 pm

I just installed the game after much frustration. It would not accept more than the first 4 characters of the 16 character activation code. Well, after not being allowed to stay on hold on Midway's tech support line ("leave a message, we'll call you back"), I stumbled on the answer.

Once 4 characters are typed in, one must hit the tab key to get the next text box in which the cd key characters can be entered. This is not an obvious setup routine. Blehh! :x
Deadly

nonstop

Re: Installing UT 3

Postby nonstop » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:17 pm

Deadly wrote:I just installed the game after much frustration. It would not accept more than the first 4 characters of the 16 character activation code. Well, after not being allowed to stay on hold on Midway's tech support line ("leave a message, we'll call you back"), I stumbled on the answer.

Once 4 characters are typed in, one must hit the tab key to get the next text box in which the cd key characters can be entered. This is not an obvious setup routine. Blehh! :x

Lawdy. So how is it? Did they change anything in the menus or the game?

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:46 pm

God I hope I can get the box open.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands
around reloading".--Thomas Jefferson

Deadly
Clan Leader

Postby Deadly » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:26 pm

nonstop wrote:
Deadly wrote:I just installed the game after much frustration. It would not accept more than the first 4 characters of the 16 character activation code. Well, after not being allowed to stay on hold on Midway's tech support line ("leave a message, we'll call you back"), I stumbled on the answer.

Lawdy. So how is it? Did they change anything in the menus or the game?

No, the menus and game are the same. See my post "UT 3 First impressions"
Deadly

Return to “thoughts... more or less”