AP Poll, Top Villains of 2006

Your general discussion home away from home.

Moderator: ForumModerators

nonstop

AP Poll, Top Villains of 2006

Postby nonstop » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:30 pm

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:55 pm

?
You leave something out ?
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands
around reloading".--Thomas Jefferson

Deadly
Clan Leader

Postby Deadly » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:52 am

Porkinator wrote:?

One thing that comes to mind in aswer to your question Pork, is that we're all in trouble if 25% of the country thinks our president is a villain.

Deadly

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:44 am

I smell a Pork trap here.

Deadly
Clan Leader

Postby Deadly » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:23 am

After my last post in this thread I saw that at least some folks in the AP poll thought that Preident Bush is a hero. I think that may be the bit that Pork said was left out.

I guess that some people find Bush a hero isn't so surprizing, since there will be a percentage of the population that support him no matter what he does short of declaring himself a wildly liberal, tree hugging, union loving, godless communist climate change alarmist, and solar/wind energy enthusiast.

However, I stand by my first assesment. If 25% of the population think our higest elected official is a villain worse than Satan or Bin Laudin, our federal govenment, and by extension the rest of us, are not in a good place to move forward towards a better future.
Deadly

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:24 am

deadly wrote:

One thing that comes to mind in aswer to your question Pork, is that we're all in trouble if 25% of the country thinks our president is a villain.

Deadly, although your comments totally cracked me up, and I love it when you embellish, I think pork just doesn't know that there is a link to click in the first post. :shock: :wink:

Deadly
Clan Leader

Postby Deadly » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:08 pm

nonstop wrote:Deadly, although your comments totally cracked me up, and I love it when you embellish, I think pork just doesn't know that there is a link to click in the first post. :shock: :wink:

Well Non, he does now. :)
Deadly

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:29 pm

Porkinator wrote:I smell a Pork trap here.

Smelling a Pork trap isn't the same as stepping in it... Not that I think you need any outside encouragement, but Give us all you got, Pork....Squeal like a pig!

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:39 pm

nonstop wrote:
deadly wrote:

Deadly, although your comments totally cracked me up, and I love it when you embellish, I think pork just doesn't know that there is a link to click in the first post. :shock: :wink:

I don't see the link.

Deadly
Clan Leader

Postby Deadly » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:12 pm

Porkinator wrote:
nonstop wrote:
deadly wrote:

I don't see the link.
Try this Pork: AP Poll Top Villains of 2006 or http://www.videosift.com/video/AP-Poll- ... in-of-2006
Deadly

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:24 pm

Well I think that falls in the who f**king cares catagory.
But I not going to comment on it.

Deadly
Clan Leader

Postby Deadly » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:38 pm

Porkinator wrote:Well I think that falls in the who f**king cares catagory.
But I not going to comment on it.
Pigs are wise creatures.
Deadly

Yrrek

Postby Yrrek » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:40 pm

Yeah, I agree with you on this pork. Polls/surveys are retarded because they never cover everyone (obviously), and they never give every possible answer to a given question. They are often extremely skewed. Fuck polls.

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:36 pm

Yrrek wrote:Yeah, I agree with you on this pork. Polls/surveys are retarded because they never cover everyone (obviously), and they never give every possible answer to a given question. They are often extremely skewed. Fuck polls.

I agree yrrek, polls contradict your opinion of the world so why would you want to go through the pain of expanding your opinion to include other peoples thoughts? That takes the ability to think that maybe you don't have all the truth. That would suck eh? :wink:

Yrrek

Postby Yrrek » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:37 pm

It's not that non, the problem is that people look at polls, but not the number of people surveyed, or even the questions asked and responses allowed. Rarely do they ever represent a comprehensive portion of society. I have read many polls that I may have similar opinions with, but I still distrust them. Polls always have an agenda. Here is a scenario you might be familiar with non: Jack Thompson in his crusade against video games. There are polls and studies that show violence and media causes violence in real life, and there are polls and studies that show the opposite: that violence in media is an outlet so that there is actually less violent tendencies in real life. Personally I side with the latter, that violence in media does not make people more violent in real life. I for one love violence in video games, movies, books etc, and the last time I was in an actual fight was 6 years ago. I didn't even start that fight, I was breaking it up and they turned on me. I like talking other people and hearing their opinions on things, I have changed my opinions many times while talking with others. Polls have never changed my opinion, and I doubt they will unless they manage to survey every single applicable person and be truly non-biased. I also know I don't have all the truth, and never will. =)

Return to “thoughts... more or less”