Law's words of wisdom

Your general discussion home away from home.

Moderator: ForumModerators

law.of.averages

Law's words of wisdom

Postby law.of.averages » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:54 pm

Since our recently departed declared me a wise man on his way out the door. I figure I'd start a thread to collect my wisdom, such that it may be passed on to future generations. My first entry comes from a real-life learning experience which happend just about 10 minutes ago...

When your significant other breaks a mirror in the garage in her rush to get somwehere before the close of the business day, you should wear adequate foot protection when sweeping up the shards of broken glass, lest ye unfettered toes be on the receiving end of 7 years bad luck.

The moral of the story: I am stuck on band-aid, because band-aid is stuck on me.

As I have spoken, so shall it be done!

Hoss

Postby Hoss » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:33 pm

As a married man, as an act of reprisal; may I suggest "forgetting" to flush the toilet everytime for a week, AND leaving the toilet seat up for 2 weeks. Picking your nose and wiping it on the wall facing the toilet usually gets em too.

Houdini

Re: Law's words of wisdom

Postby Houdini » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:20 pm

law.of.averages wrote:Since our recently departed declared me a wise man on his way out the door. I figure I'd start a thread to collect my wisdom, such that it may be passed on to future generations. My first entry comes from a real-life learning experience which happend just about 10 minutes ago...

When your significant other breaks a mirror in the garage in her rush to get somwehere before the close of the business day, you should wear adequate foot protection when sweeping up the shards of broken glass, lest ye unfettered toes be on the receiving end of 7 years bad luck.

The moral of the story: I am stuck on band-aid, because band-aid is stuck on me.

As I have spoken, so shall it be done!

Ah yes thanks you for the wise words kind sir.

The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.

Sir Winston Churchill, Speech at Harvard University, September 6, 1943

Return to “thoughts... more or less”