News

Your general discussion home away from home.

Moderator: ForumModerators

Sideous Prime
Clan Leader

News

Postby Sideous Prime » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:37 am

I made this post back in 2008 and I am reposting it now because I think it's that important.

Ok, let me put this another way...

one thing i think may get overlooked is that over time organizations that refuse to change disappear. it's very important to evolve with the gaming community, not resist it. the more we stay within our tight circle of ut2k4, the faster we spell the doom of -Ti-.

i'm not saying drop ut2k4. no way in hell. i'm saying we should CONSIDER expanding the game(s) we play, thus expanding the community we associate with.

there will come a time when some of us move on to other games or won't play games at all. i know i don't see myself playing games, let alone playing ut2k4 in another 1-3 years. at least not at the regular pace that i am now. there may be others with the same mindset.

without expanding -Ti-'s base to a new community with fresh blood to build upon, the future is bleak. -Ti- must expand outside of UT.

i have written this with the utmost sincerity, i hope you have considered it as such.

Sid
"You'll never stop at one. I'll take you all on!"

Prozac

Re: News

Postby Prozac » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:03 am

Sideous Prime wrote:I made this post back in 2008 and I am reposting it now because I think it's that important.

Ok, let me put this another way...

one thing i think may get overlooked is that over time organizations that refuse to change disappear. it's very important to evolve with the gaming community, not resist it. the more we stay within our tight circle of ut2k4, the faster we spell the doom of -Ti-.

i'm not saying drop ut2k4. no way in hell. i'm saying we should CONSIDER expanding the game(s) we play, thus expanding the community we associate with.

there will come a time when some of us move on to other games or won't play games at all. i know i don't see myself playing games, let alone playing ut2k4 in another 1-3 years. at least not at the regular pace that i am now. there may be others with the same mindset.

without expanding -Ti-'s base to a new community with fresh blood to build upon, the future is bleak. -Ti- must expand outside of UT.

i have written this with the utmost sincerity, i hope you have considered it as such.

Sid

Good Re-Post Sid. I don't have anything much to add other than everything you said is true. Personally I know I won't be playing UT much longer. I find no more enjoyment in the game and while my friends will always be my friends here, UT not will not always be my game. I'm in the process of scouting for new games to play and if I find one that is a good fit for Ti I'll let everyone know.

My 2 Cents, Prozac

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:19 am

I agree we have to find another game that we can all play and enjoy.
I welcome suggestions form the clan and our regulars that play on our servers.
I am mot sure of the new Borderlands 2 will have deathmatch or not.
I know it has co op. I would liked to expand our membership base as much as possible
and maybe we can offer membership to other clans that are on the way out
just like what happened to c2c and this clan.
UT2004 will always be my main game and I have worked hard to raise my skill level
but I am always willing to try a new one. We tried ut3 but it failed only as a bad game and not the unwillingnes of the clan to try something new.
Expanding our clan with active players should be a goal but naturally we have to be careful who we let in.
We seem to attract an older crowd who is more laid back that the trash talking teens and younger
crowds.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands
around reloading".--Thomas Jefferson

Prozac

Postby Prozac » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:25 pm

You make some good points in your post Pork. From your standpoint we need to increase recruitment efforts while at the same time actively search for a new game to play. Both of these points need vigorous attention if we are to last as a clan. To me finding a new enjoyable game is top priority. I mean we all enjoy playing together, but what to play?

Sideous Prime
Clan Leader

Postby Sideous Prime » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:02 pm

Sideous Prime wrote:
there will come a time when some of us move on to other games or won't play games at all. i know i don't see myself playing games, let alone playing ut2k4 in another 1-3 years.

Sid

That was in 2008, and that time has come. I've been in the process of deciding who to hand over the reigns. I'll be working with dragn on making sure things go smooth and everything that needs to be addressed is addressed.
"You'll never stop at one. I'll take you all on!"

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:27 pm

Has anyone tried Tribes 2 multiplayer?
It is a free download and supposed to have a learning curb which means it would take
some skill to play.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribes_2

also dl the game here.
http://www.tribesnext.com/

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:52 pm

I say we all switch to Hello Kitty: Island Adventure.
Obey the Law.

Ok, I'd probably jump at the chance to Co-Op Borderlands 1 or 2 (400 hours in game and I still ain't got one damn pearlescent weapon)

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Postby pewterdragn » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:18 am

Sideous Prime wrote:
Sideous Prime wrote:
there will come a time when some of us move on to other games or won't play games at all. i know i don't see myself playing games, let alone playing ut2k4 in another 1-3 years.

Sid

That was in 2008, and that time has come. I've been in the process of deciding who to hand over the reigns. I'll be working with dragn on making sure things go smooth and everything that needs to be addressed is addressed.

:'(
1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Postby pewterdragn » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:18 am

law.of.averages wrote:I say we all switch to Hello Kitty: Island Adventure.
Obey the Law.

Be careful what you wish for.

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Postby pewterdragn » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:20 am

Quite honestly, I haven't been playing games at all until this last week. Too many things going on. Now I've pumped too many hours into GW2. I can't pick up a bunch of games due to time commitments (have to get back to business!) but I'd be willing to try something.

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:42 pm

I have watched some of the Far Cry 3 trailers and they look like they have both co op mode and TDM.
It is coming out in December.

mOnIcå

Postby mOnIcå » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:51 pm

I support the effort.

I agree that we should expand our efforts in order to grow. I could get into another fps game as long as it doesn't require time to level up or w/e. The good thing I like about UT2k4 is that I could just jump in for an hour or two and compete without having to worry about someone who is level 76 or whatever. If the gametypes are decent and it's fps....i'm in. I will have to get a new rig though, LOL!

My old 2005 pc just won't cut it anymore. I've just been too busy lately. But, I am all in!!!

mOnIca

Return to “thoughts... more or less”