the UT community

Your general discussion home away from home.

Moderator: ForumModerators

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:41 am

Ace wrote:Strip TAM even better!

Strip, Drinking TAM FTW!!

shock ball ouchie!

The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.

Sir Winston Churchill, Speech at Harvard University, September 6, 1943

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:49 am

FATTYLLAMA wrote:
nonstop wrote:
True... I couldn't get to the high levels fatty because it was too much of a time sink so I would just start characters and get to 20 and start another lol. Everyone says 'but the real game starts at 60' but what they don't realize that they are saying is 'but my life is spent mostly online at 60 and I have dropped all other responsibilities to feed the wow leveling machine.'

yep. when i was finished, about 14 months of playing the game, i had logged in roughly 65 days into the game... which is about 1560 hours. that was considered light also, there were some people that had more than 3 times that amount when i quit in february.

it is true though, that the game is much more fun when everyone is at 60 with somewhat equal gear. it becomes less fun when the unemployed people living in mom's basement play for 35 hours a day, comes out with the best gear ever, and kills everyone.

whatever. im finished with that, i am looking for a good new popular game that i can use a new g5 and a new n52. its always fun playing with u guys

Hey, you might want to try out EVE online, since they have a 14-day free trial. It's an MMORPG, but without levels, only skills. You get to pilot one (or more) ships and travel around the galaxy, doing whatever it is you choose (bounty hunt, mine, etc.). It's also one of the best-looking games I've seen in a while :D

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:34 am

Sloth wrote:TAM is peerrrrfect for the old S!N drunkfests we used to hold. in TDM i would forget to drink cuz there was no stoppage time!

we have played TAM as a drinking game b4.. was fun.

viva la sloth! Some ti members haven't caught on to this yet. :lol: (ace/trin would be exceptions)

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:09 am

nonstop wrote:
Sloth wrote:TAM is peerrrrfect for the old S!N drunkfests we used to hold. in TDM i would forget to drink cuz there was no stoppage time!

we have played TAM as a drinking game b4.. was fun.

viva la sloth! Some ti members haven't caught on to this yet. :lol: (ace/trin would be exceptions)

non i noticed your aim is worse in round 8 then round 2! :P

Naix

Postby Naix » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:00 pm

Avaris wrote:
FATTYLLAMA wrote:
nonstop wrote:
True... I couldn't get to the high levels fatty because it was too much of a time sink so I would just start characters and get to 20 and start another lol. Everyone says 'but the real game starts at 60' but what they don't realize that they are saying is 'but my life is spent mostly online at 60 and I have dropped all other responsibilities to feed the wow leveling machine.'

yep. when i was finished, about 14 months of playing the game, i had logged in roughly 65 days into the game... which is about 1560 hours. that was considered light also, there were some people that had more than 3 times that amount when i quit in february.

it is true though, that the game is much more fun when everyone is at 60 with somewhat equal gear. it becomes less fun when the unemployed people living in mom's basement play for 35 hours a day, comes out with the best gear ever, and kills everyone.

whatever. im finished with that, i am looking for a good new popular game that i can use a new g5 and a new n52. its always fun playing with u guys

Hey, you might want to try out EVE online, since they have a 14-day free trial. It's an MMORPG, but without levels, only skills. You get to pilot one (or more) ships and travel around the galaxy, doing whatever it is you choose (bounty hunt, mine, etc.). It's also one of the best-looking games I've seen in a while :D

I played eve about a year or so ago, had some fun with it. But i mined and it got boring real quick. I like the skill system, doesnt require 5 hours a day of play time to progress. You playing it now Av? I ran it by non before we reactivated our WoW accounts but he didnt seem too into it :P

If i ever went back, i would run missions or pirate, arrrr :twisted:
World War III will be fought using atomic weapons, the war after that will be fought using sticks and stones.

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:56 pm

It looks cool. One day I would like to try it. It reminds me of the game that gave it it's graphical look, Homeworld.

Homeworld 1 & 2 were outstanding rts games. Ground breaking in many areas.

If you ever want a great rts try them out, you can get them cheap at this point. My favorite rts to date would have to be rise of nations. Talk about hours of fun in a box.

I can't remember if I mentioned this fatty but if your looking for a great single player game, look no further than Half Life 2. One of the best.

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:53 am

Naix wrote:
Avaris wrote:
FATTYLLAMA wrote:
nonstop wrote:

I played eve about a year or so ago, had some fun with it. But i mined and it got boring real quick. I like the skill system, doesnt require 5 hours a day of play time to progress. You playing it now Av? I ran it by non before we reactivated our WoW accounts but he didnt seem too into it :P

Yeah, I'm into it a bit, seeing as how they've added a crapload of stuff into it (not too long ago, they added a new class of ships, Titans, that can destroy ships in an entire system with doomsday weapons), and since all of my friends were playing it, I decided to give it a whirl. Needless to say, I like it. :D

Naix

Postby Naix » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:55 pm

Avaris wrote:
Naix wrote:
Avaris wrote:
FATTYLLAMA wrote:
nonstop wrote:

Yeah, I'm into it a bit, seeing as how they've added a crapload of stuff into it (not too long ago, they added a new class of ships, Titans, that can destroy ships in an entire system with doomsday weapons), and since all of my friends were playing it, I decided to give it a whirl. Needless to say, I like it. :D

You have lots of isk? Hook me and non up :P

When i left they were still only talking about titans, none had been implemented yet. I notice that there are a lot more ship types than when i left. Looks like they enhanced it a lot. Do you mission run?
World War III will be fought using atomic weapons, the war after that will be fought using sticks and stones.

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:40 pm

Naix wrote:
Avaris wrote:
Naix wrote:
Avaris wrote:
FATTYLLAMA wrote:
nonstop wrote:

You have lots of isk? Hook me and non up :P

When i left they were still only talking about titans, none had been implemented yet. I notice that there are a lot more ship types than when i left. Looks like they enhanced it a lot. Do you mission run?

I'm still on the *cough* training missions, but slowly I will get through it. I did get 1 mil ISK to start off with, which gave me a 150k ISK frigate :D

Naix

Postby Naix » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:59 pm

Oh man, wait till you get a battleship, the feeling is great :P

Well, if me and non ever switch tracks, i'll let ya know. It could be a good time :D

Actually, its been longer than i thought it was since i last played, something like 1.5-2 years :shock:

FATTYLLAMA

Postby FATTYLLAMA » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:44 pm

nonstop wrote:It looks cool. One day I would like to try it. It reminds me of the game that gave it it's graphical look, Homeworld.

Homeworld 1 & 2 were outstanding rts games. Ground breaking in many areas.

If you ever want a great rts try them out, you can get them cheap at this point. My favorite rts to date would have to be rise of nations. Talk about hours of fun in a box.

I can't remember if I mentioned this fatty but if your looking for a great single player game, look no further than Half Life 2. One of the best.

yeah i got half life 2 the day it came out. steam was a nightmare that day...

too bad i never finished it. single player games seem too... lonely for me really, but i will need to finish it

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:23 am

FATTYLLAMA wrote:yeah i got half life 2 the day it came out. steam was a nightmare that day...

too bad i never finished it. single player games seem too... lonely for me really, but i will need to finish it

Ya same here fatty I got that the first day on steam I had a coupon to get it free when I bought my video card. That game took a year or longer until it was available to DL. I think VALVE got hacked and the source code was pwned. Outlook vulnerabilities and key recorders FTW. Never finished it but I thought the graphics were nice. :twisted:

Return to “thoughts... more or less”