Political Ranting

Your general discussion home away from home.

Moderator: ForumModerators

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Postby pewterdragn » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:09 pm

This thread so needs to end ;)
1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:35 pm

End it.
I have tried to explain why I feel the way I do, I tried not to resort to calling people names as that is not using logic.
Juat irrational emotion.

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:41 pm

As av said... it usually goes nowhere. Although I do love a good debate. :lol:

Pickles I say...

Pork, you're good peeps, I don't care what opinions differ, you are a good person, and that speaks higher than any words to me.
Last edited by nonstop on Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:49 pm

nonstop wrote:
Porkinator wrote:End it.
I have tried to explain why I feel the way I do, I tried not to resort to calling people names as that is not using logic.
Juat irrational emotion.

Yes let it end but please recognize even though you claim you appreciate freedom of thought, you have no tolerance for it.

Porkinator wrote:First of all I immediately dismiss any arguments of anyone one that compares Hitler to Bush
That indicates a radical leftist who truly dos not understand or down plays the evils of Hitler.

Intolerance is the underlying theme of many conservatives and it is that above all else that is a shame.

Non, just quit it. Let. It. Drop.

Sideous Prime
Clan Leader

Postby Sideous Prime » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:59 pm

hopefully this will put a nice end to this thread. i've been mute long enough.

does our president(no matter which one is in office) make the big decisions? yes. does he make all the decisions? no. hence the term bureaucracy. he is the person who is responsible to the people of this country. but when things go awry does he get the axe? no. hence the term bureaucracy again.

you can argue about which president has dealth with the most devastating events in our history. the facts are clear however. each president has dealt his fair share of trials and tribulations. whether it's reagan and iran hostage/iran contra or roosevelt and the great depression. what isn't clear are the events that we the people don't even know about and shouldn't know about.

terrorism is a global problem and therefore will take a global resolution. we as a leader in the global community cannot just focus on ourselves and worry about domestic issues. we can either fight them on their soil or our soil. nobody wants to relive the events of 9/11, the bombing of the london subway system, and the madrid railway system just to name the recent ones.

politicians are politcians are politcians. they're all full of broken promises and lies. they're professional bs'rs and make a living at making themselves look good and making people believe what they want them to believe.

i vote for whom i believe is most qualified. but for those who wish to compare bush to hitler, if you follow that same path of logic you must also say the same about JFK and lyndon johnson and the vietnam conflict. IMHO, nobody compares to hitler.

i have never been a fan of the invasion of iraq. was hussein an asshole and should he have been removed? absolutely. is the world better off without him? absolutely. but i just never thought it was a good idea and still don't. however, the history books are still being written. we'll just have to wait and see.

i do know this, i've had two cousins and two friends come back from iraq and they have both said that it was the most worth while event they have ever been a part of. they said there is a lot of good things going on that we don't see broadcast on tv. but the people of iraq have to want democracy.

whatever you believe, those men who carry the m-16's, drive the m1-abrams tanks, and fly the f-15 eagles provide the very freedoms that we are enjoying right now. the freedom that we have to come here, to openly debate, bs, insult, and do whatever. they're putting their lives on the line and in some cases loosing their lives so we can do something so worthless compared to their mission. the men and women in camoflauge deserve our support and respect.
"You'll never stop at one. I'll take you all on!"

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:00 pm

I ahve altered my post. I did throw in a few low blows and may have offended some people that are friends of mine. For that I apologize.

Nytefyre
Clan Whore

Postby Nytefyre » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:25 pm

very good points pork, ty for the tyme it took to write all that....

and non: my 'respectfully decline' was to the whole side of people who dont agree with my POV....i understand that each of us has our own opinions, and i deeply respect that.....i just kno that my opinion is not as of the same view as yours or some others...and im sorry for the 'in touch with reality' comment---> that was uncalled for and i apologize....i was frustrated and i obviously dont agree :wink:

and that goes for all, if i was harsh or rude to anyone, i apologize....
im not good in a debate, and i have probs illustrating my points at tymes....

all i kno is this....thanx to the brave men and women (some of which i personally kno, YAY) we have the FREEDOMS to do this and many other things....and i am truly gr8ful....

:D
10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Consentrated Power of Will,
5% Pleasure, 50% Pain, and 100% Reason to Remember The Name

Yrrek

Postby Yrrek » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:25 pm

Sideous Prime wrote:i do know this, i've had two cousins and two friends come back from iraq and they have both said that it was the most worth while event they have ever been a part of. they said there is a lot of good things going on that we don't see broadcast on tv. but the people of iraq have to want democracy.

whatever you believe, those men who carry the m-16's, drive the m1-abrams tanks, and fly the f-15 eagles provide the very freedoms that we are enjoying right now. the freedom that we have to come here, to openly debate, bs, insult, and do whatever. they're putting their lives on the line and in some cases loosing their lives so we can do something so worthless compared to their mission. the men and women in camoflauge deserve our support and respect.

Sid, that brought a tear to my eye. Thanks good buddy.

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:10 am

I say we start debating whether we call "High Fructose Corn Syrup induced Caffienated Beverages" Soda, or Pop?

Soda for me.
"Son look at all the people linin' up for plastic, wouldnt you like to see them in the national geographic? Squatting bare assed in the dirt eatin' rice from a bowl, with a towel on their head and maybe a bone in their nose?"

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:39 am

Soulja wrote:I say we start debating whether we call "High Fructose Corn Syrup induced Caffienated Beverages" Soda, or Pop?

Soda for me.

pop mother f*&k$r!!!

The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.

Sir Winston Churchill, Speech at Harvard University, September 6, 1943

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:59 am

The worst thing about all this is how blatant they are in showing their incompetence. In Poland, about a good half year ago, they had elections, and they proceeded in exactly the same manner as they did here. The people campaigning were brothers, the Kaczynski brothers, and now, half a year later, they have less than 10% support on the latest polls after the other brother became the premier. This is a government that has sided with parties that are openly anti-semetic (well, Polish people have a long history of not liking Jews, but that's not really important), militant parties resembling the Nazi one. They even get support from a rogue priest who preaches death and annihilation to Jews and communists.

While it's still a new country ( around 16 years old, at least this "version" of it), it's still very disturbing what these guys do. They've allowed policemen openly squash demonstrations, going to such lengths as beating the protesters. I see a parallel between the two, and I'm not liking what I'm seeing :?

P.S Pewter should make an entire section devoted to debates and rantings :P

Ace

Postby Ace » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:38 am

Holy crap, how did I miss this thread?!!

I think Pewter hid it from me to avoid starting WWIII! I'll respect his decision to keep me out of it and will keep my mouth closed (cuz it's obvious the forums screwed up to allow me to see this).

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:44 am

I actually enjoyed most of this discussion. I like a good heated debate. Hou and my rantings apparently ignited a few sparks. :o

Just for the record sid, if you overgeneralize not supporting a president with not supporting our dear boys and girls/men and women who are giving their lives, you are making a huge mistake. I think that happens quite often from the right point of view so yrrek esp. don't ever think that. My dad almost died in Korea, his whole platoon was gunned down and he crawled three days with his leg almost blown off through rice patties to a small mash unit. I have several other family members who served as well. I have 3 boys who may be drafted because of expending our resources now and trust me your opinion carries a lot more weight when your opinion is responsible for the lives of others as well. How could I not support people giving their lives?

One more comment is that I really appreciate that words were shared on an obviously passionant subject here and peoples characters remained in tact. I see people respecting others opinions and even apologizing. Same for me if I have offended anyone with my passionant views.

I think it says a lot about the kind of folks here that we can severely disagree and yet support one another.

Pork/houdini/nyte esp. you all were very much in disagreement with me however I lub ya guys and your great character came through to me. 8)

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:49 am

I feel the same non it was a healthy discussion. Political debate is the foundation of our representitive democracy.

The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.

Sir Winston Churchill, Speech at Harvard University, September 6, 1943

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:04 am

As it was in Athens millenia ago, the spirit goes on, no?

Return to “thoughts... more or less”