drum roll..... please......

Your general discussion home away from home.

Moderator: ForumModerators

Houdini

Re: drum roll..... please......

Postby Houdini » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:18 pm

best demo ever. Thanks ace flying the chopper is mad fun. Its like christmas seeing all the parts and pieces on the beach the sniper scope is tight also.

The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.

Sir Winston Churchill, Speech at Harvard University, September 6, 1943

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Postby pewterdragn » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:52 am

Ace wrote:Haha, bonus!

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/?p=522

I haven't "tested" yet, but I will when I get home tonight ;)

Did it work? I'll be downloading the demo.
1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

Ace

Postby Ace » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:43 pm

It works, it's somewhat goofy where the new stuff is placed though.

1) After you install the file, you do have to start a new game
2) You have sit through the cut scenes again
3) As you get to the beach (at sunrise), instead of turning right to turn off the GPS scrambler, head left and you'll find the mother load of stuff.
4) Merry Christmas, there must be 5 to 6 different tanks, trucks, 3 to 4 boats, and a chopper, plus a coke-line of guns all for the playing with

Now for me when I did it, I'm not sure if it was a game glitch or not, but the alien thing was after me and f-ing up everything. It was kind of funny to watch the Korea's shoot at it, which resulted in pissing it off, only to have it attack them. By pure accident, I climbed in a nuke tank and one shot, one killed the alien thing.

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:01 am

The graphics sure are pretty but seems to have some audio problems on my system.
I played for a couple of hours yesterday and I like the way the vehicles
drove and it is very realistic. It will be a great singl e player game
and I might get it but spending a lot of time stalking around the jungle sorta leaves disinterested.
I prefer something that is continuous as far as action is concerned.
This is going to be a better game when the hardware catches up to it even though it plays pretty smooth on my system.
I like the Call of Duty 4 demo as about as well as this while this game has better graphics COD4 seems to have better action .
Hard to tell from just a demo.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands
around reloading".--Thomas Jefferson

Ace

Postby Ace » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:04 am

So...I spent most of the weekend playing the single player (non-demo). If I'm not at the end, I'm very close to finishing it and probably will tonight. Here's my review: First half of the game, very fun. Second half of the game, quite possibly one of the worst things I've ever played!

In all my years of gaming, I've never seen a game pull a 180 like this midway through the game. I can live with the story, but how they implement it, boarders on a crime. I'm at a complete loss on how to describe it. If I didn't know any better, I would guess that all the high priced game designers were hired for the first half of the game, then the writer strike happened, and they were forced to improvise the second half of the game with the same people who made Matrix 2....and that's being nice.

First half of the game, if I died, no big deal...it was fun replaying and trying different things. Second half of the game went like this (keep in mind they are all in different parts...not stuck in the same place):

Stupid
BS
Retarded
Please_make_it_stop
Just_end_already

Those are seriously the names of the saved games I made as I kept playing. Also keep in mind the game auto saves at points, this was me literally trying to make sure I didn't have to go back and play any further back then I had to.

Ugggh, what a let down.

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:01 pm

Well I am a Colonel I on COD 4 so there.

:twisted:

The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.

Sir Winston Churchill, Speech at Harvard University, September 6, 1943

Return to “thoughts... more or less”