Stirring up trouble

Your general discussion home away from home.

Moderator: ForumModerators

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:52 am

pewterdragn wrote:
Ace wrote:For the record, it's funny as hell when the admin posts flame bait on his own message board...

Well the boards were slow and I had a free minute ;)

I just think you like pushing my buttons.
I will get you on the server tonight for that.
Is this thread locked yet ?
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands
around reloading".--Thomas Jefferson

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Postby pewterdragn » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:53 am

Deadly: 2
Ace: 1
Avaris: 0.5
Pork: 0

Discussion points! Not name-calling!
1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:57 am

pewterdragn wrote:Deadly: 2
Ace: 1
Avaris: 0.5
Pork: 0

Discussion points! Not name-calling!

0 ?
Who the hell decides the scoring system ?
I bet you have something to do with my minigun not firing on the tdm and tam servers .

I did not call any of my clammates names . Nor did I call that osma bin laden tapeworm Oberman any names

Yrrek

Postby Yrrek » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:00 am

Wow, Pork. You say the problem you have is he resorts to name calling etc, but the very first thing you did before even making an ATTEMPT at refuting his arguments, was call him names and try to deface his person. That makes you no better than him.

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:03 am

Yrrek wrote:Wow, Pork. You say the problem you have is he resorts to name calling etc, but the very first thing you did before even making an ATTEMPT at refuting his arguments, was call him names and try to deface his person. That makes you no better than him.

That is bacause I despise that sorry ass peice of shit and he deserves no respect. I put him down there with Michael Moore
and the other slime.

Sideous Prime
Clan Leader

Postby Sideous Prime » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:09 am

dragn decides the scoring system he's the admin!

(that ought to get me at least one friggin point!) woooooooo000000000oooooooooo
"You'll never stop at one. I'll take you all on!"

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:24 am

I guess I am an idiot to keep getting pulled in to these threads.

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:35 am

Porkinator wrote:I guess I am an idiot to keep getting pulled in to these threads.

"A wise man learns from his mistakes." :wink:

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:53 am

Porkinator wrote:Basically Deadly it is thatOberman has no credibility as a journalist

Wikipedia wrote:Olbermann's family moved to Westchester County from New York City, and he attended school at Hastings-on-Hudson before attending and graduating from the prominent Hackley School in Tarrytown alongside ESPN broadcaster Chris Berman. Olbermann then earned his Bachelor of Science degree in communications arts from Cornell University in 1979 while serving as sports director for WVBR, a student-run commercial radio station in Ithaca, New York.[1]

Any degree from Cornell is a fairly credible one...here are the specifics on the degree...

In North America, a Bachelor of Science degree may be a more specialized version of B.A., with more focus on the subject and less on a broad liberal arts background; for example, a B.S. in economics may require several more advanced economics courses than a B.A. in economics, and possibly more support courses (such as statistics). The B.S. is also frequently used for professional areas of study such as engineering, journalism, and advertising.

As much as you may not like it, Olbermann is probably smarter than the majority of us all. I do think he sounds like a ranting dumbass, but he brings up very valid and reinforced points. What I do not believe in, is calling someone names for the sake of their political denomination, enough of that shit happens in the Government as is (trust me, I know, I have family in D.C.)

Who wants some cookies?
"Son look at all the people linin' up for plastic, wouldnt you like to see them in the national geographic? Squatting bare assed in the dirt eatin' rice from a bowl, with a towel on their head and maybe a bone in their nose?"

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:58 pm

You guys are waiting for me to say something aren't you ?

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:22 pm

Sideous Prime wrote:dragn decides the scoring system he's the admin!

(that ought to get me at least one friggin point!) woooooooo000000000oooooooooo

Sort of like "Who's line is it, Anyway?"

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:25 pm

Porkinator wrote:That is bacause I despise that sorry ass peice of shit and he deserves no respect. I put him down there with Michael Moore
and the other slime.

Hey, while not as good as Sean Conrey, Michael Moore was a great James Bond! :twisted:

Too bad he gained all that weight and started making pollitcal movies.

Deadly
Clan Leader

Postby Deadly » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:44 pm

Porkinator wrote:

[/quote]
Basically Deadly it is thatOberman has no credibility as a journalist
and results to name calling and calling Bush a lair is not any way for me to listen to your point of view with an open mind. He is a whiny left wing punk trying to make his name by jumping on the
Bash Bush bandwagon amd my major objection is HIM personally
cause trying to take me seriously on any subject is like discussing theology with Hitler Bin Laden or morals with Ted Kennendy. I will discuss his rant that habeous corpus is dead as I am all sure we want to grant that right to all the Radical Muslims who are planning to attack this country and cause mass murder so we can make people like Oberman happy but I really feel no matter whatever
happens that he will find something to bash Bush for whether it is the weather or Obermans incredibly small penis which basically is the cause for all his whinig and bitching anyways.[/quote]

Olberman was engaged in commentary, not journalism in the clip.

And, as for him calling Bush a liar, isn't it a time honored American tradition to accuse politicians of lying? What's that old joke, "How can you tell if a politician is lying? Answer: His lips are moving"

And, if Bush lied about something important, why not call him on it? He is a public servant, after all. It seems to me that under our system that we citizens have every right to hold him accountable for his actions, including lying about important stuff like wars, torture, and keeping the Sec of Defense on after the election. Well, maybe that last one isn't important enough.

It's understandable to me that it's Olberman that you object to, and not his arguements. You can't give what he says any consideration one way or the other because your feelings for him get in the way.

BTW, I personally don't care if he is sexually handicapped. A small penis and a loud and aggressive manner are manageable. There are penis extending prosthetics available, for example. I think the handicapped should be abe to work and contribute to society as best they can.

I agree with you, it is important to grant habeous rights to everyone, even criminals, and enemies. If we don't give those rights to all, none of us is protected or safe from arbitrary government imprisonment.

Someone famous once said something like "The price of liberty is eternal vigilance", which I suspect means that we must be wary of allowing too much power to accumulate with any of our leaders, even if we like them.
Deadly

Deadly
Clan Leader

Postby Deadly » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:53 pm

law.of.averages wrote:
Porkinator wrote:That is bacause I despise that sorry ass peice of shit and he deserves no respect. I put him down there with Michael Moore
and the other slime.

Hey, while not as good as Sean Conrey, Michael Moore was a great James Bond! :twisted:

Too bad he gained all that weight and started making pollitcal movies.

No man, it was Dudly Moore, before he was "Arthur", not Michael. Michael was always making movies about bowling and "My Pet Goat".
Deadly

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:20 pm

deadly wrote:
Porkinator wrote:Somehow I forced myself to watch the full 7 minutes of this hysterical liberal bedwetting whining chickenshit lowlife muthafucking commie cocksucking sonofalowlifesurvybitch and I have to disagree with him.

So what specifically do you disagree with in Olberman's commentary?

That habeous corpus has been suspended?

That habeous corpus is fundamental to American's freedom from potential govenmental oppression?

That Bush can now declare you an enemy alien or combatent while you have no legal way to force him in court to show probable cause for your arrest?

That people have been imprisoned and tortured in our name, by our government without trial, or the minimum legal protections guaranteed by the Constitution?

et cetera....

And, how is a protest against an attack against the fundamental liberties of our country "liberal"? Doesn't a citizen's demand for those fundamental liberties transcend partisan politics?

I do not believe that you or other true conservatives hold torture by any other name as an American or patriotic value.

I do not believer that you or any true conservative think that giving up the basic guarantees and protections from government built into our Constitution is patriotic or wise.

I do not believe that you would trust the powers that Bush has claimed for himself as president in the hands of Hillary Clinton, or a truely liberal Democratic president.

I suspect that you will read this as an attack on your ideas or on conservatives in general. Not so.

Basically, I am curious.

I wonder if you are simply defending the president in general, or if you see flaws in Olberman's arguements that I somehow in my liberal insanity have missed. Oh wait, that should be my "behysterical liberal bedwetting whining chickenshit lowlife muthafucking commie cocksucking sonofalowlifesurvybitch(ing)" liberal insanity, shouldn't it?

Anyway, I'd love to get your specific objections to Olberman's arguements, if you 're so inclined to share them.

Deadly doesn't speak often. He is a man of few words and much thought. And sometimes, no thought at all. (deadly I know you will get that one). :wink:

I think you would be wise to head deadly's remarks and let them sink in a little. Very nice post.

Return to “thoughts... more or less”