Big Brother ad by doubleTwist

Your general discussion home away from home.

Moderator: ForumModerators

Porkinator

Big Brother ad by doubleTwist

Postby Porkinator » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:54 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdVzboF2E2Q
THE BLOKE who destroyed the movie industry's encryption game is now having a pop at Apple's proprietary Itunes.

Renowned Norwegian hacker DVD Jon released his competitor to the Itunes Music Store with an advert that casts Steve Jobs as a Big Brother control freak.

Using an advert that's a parody of Apple's own iconic TV ad, Jon Lech Johansen has released a new version of his Doubletwist software that allows Ipod owners to completely bypass Itunes and Iphoto when buying and managing their music, videos and photos.

Johansen has sailed up Steve Jobs' nasel passages before by sticking a giant banner ad in front of the flagship Apple Store in downtown San Francisco that encouraged passers-by to bypass Itunes and the Iphone.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands
around reloading".--Thomas Jefferson

MadSkittles

Re: Big Brother ad by doubleTwist

Postby MadSkittles » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:56 pm

Whats the difference with this and what was done long ago with ipod version 1 and since about 8mo to a year ago with version 2 on the ipod and also the iphone, that came from I beleive Redghost ? I dont recall the name off hand. But the whole process of Jailbreaking your ipod where you can directly download stuff from cydia / installer (hence bypassing itunes). Now you might say well you still have to go through itunes to upload your music /photos/ videos, even if that were true big woop itunes makes it a simple process of doing that, but thats not true cause you can use open ssh which will allow you to connect directly to your ipod/ iphone through wi-fi allowing you to upload photos, music, videos directly to your ipod/iphone. Also ssh goes a step farther, which I have no idea if you can do using "doubletwist", which allows the user to dig into the properties of the folder hence allowing them to turn off different options and on options for that folder or application (like turning off read only on roms so that you can save your games on your ipod).

Not sure if that made much sense kinda rambled on but thats because I wasnt exactly sure what that program from that hacker is doing, as from what you stated I could only speculate at best. Also sounds like with this program you will have to be tethered (cable linked to the computer you have that program on), same as itunes so again not sure what makes this program good or is going to get any kind of following except by those few reblious 13 year olds who say ya F*** itunes, lol anyways please let me know if im missing something about this program :).

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:44 pm

No idea.
I don't own an i-pod and never will.

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Postby pewterdragn » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:24 pm

cause you can't spell it? :)
1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:57 pm

pewterdragn wrote:cause you can't spell it? :)

Opps , Sorry
I-diot-pod .

Return to “thoughts... more or less”