something to make you forget about unreal III

Your general discussion home away from home.

Moderator: ForumModerators

myxxplyxx

something to make you forget about unreal III

Postby myxxplyxx » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:29 pm

gears of war for the pc nov 6th....schweet

it'll help take the edge of ut III overdue release date. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

orange box comin out in a week or two...
check out the engineer vid for team fortress 2...funny stuff :)

http://www.gamespot.com/video/934384/6178580/half-life-2-the-orange-box-official-movie-8

soldier vid is funny too
cel shaded stuff looks very cool stylistically
"Green eggs and spam...I would not eat them with a fox, I would not..."

Houdini

Re: something to make you forget about unreal III

Postby Houdini » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:27 pm

aweome man. So i tried and look up something about GOW coming to PC and I found this quote from Mark Rein at Epic

The big challenge is to make a game that was designed solely for the console…to take advantage of every last little corner of that console, to fill every little crack and run as many threads as we could and do as much to exploit the power of that machine, and make it run well on enough PCs to be worth releasing. That’s a challenge. UT will help us there, because Unreal Tournament 3 will be kind of our vanguard PC product, and it’s helping us get optimization on the PC. So it’s just a matter of, now, can we make Gears run on enough PCs that it’s worth selling…or do we have to wait in five years until everyone has a PC that can run it?

Is that saying games made for the console are more complicated then the computer can handle? I wonder if GOW wil really be out before UT? That vid is funny too man.

The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.

Sir Winston Churchill, Speech at Harvard University, September 6, 1943

myxxplyxx

Re: something to make you forget about unreal III

Postby myxxplyxx » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:52 pm

it's actually better than that....cliffy b has a video interview....more missions than the 360...updated engine...more online maps...you actually get to fight the big monster...not sure of it's name in the pc version which you didn't get to in the 360 version...sounds like somethin I can have fun with for a while...

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/gearsofwar/news.html?sid=6180407&tag=topslot;title;3&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"Green eggs and spam...I would not eat them with a fox, I would not..."

Return to “thoughts... more or less”