Unreal Tournament 3 is Vista DX10 compliant

Your general discussion home away from home.

Moderator: ForumModerators

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Sun May 13, 2007 1:03 pm

law.of.averages wrote:
nonstop wrote:
-Jeta- wrote:
Porkinator wrote:...with time.

Thats the main point there

Yup... we will all be there eventually but most people I know that have been doing this for a while wait till at least sp1 or 2 for a new os before taking it in. Then there's pork and law..... 8)

You still didn't answer my question about your buddy. Own up..he encrypted his drive, then blew away his os and expected to be able to read it...right?

Not at all. It took over everything that didn't have a liscense. Fortunately he had a drive unplugged that had everything backed up music wise but he cannot access tons of music and vids that vista got it's paws on.

One of my friends who is a hardcore programmer, yes in the ms environment too, said that vista wasn't created for end users but for the film and music industry. :P

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Mon May 14, 2007 7:12 am

nonstop wrote:
law.of.averages wrote:
nonstop wrote:
-Jeta- wrote:
Porkinator wrote:...with time.

Thats the main point there

Yup... we will all be there eventually but most people I know that have been doing this for a while wait till at least sp1 or 2 for a new os before taking it in. Then there's pork and law..... 8)

You still didn't answer my question about your buddy. Own up..he encrypted his drive, then blew away his os and expected to be able to read it...right?

Not at all. It took over everything that didn't have a liscense. Fortunately he had a drive unplugged that had everything backed up music wise but he cannot access tons of music and vids that vista got it's paws on.

One of my friends who is a hardcore programmer, yes in the ms environment too, said that vista wasn't created for end users but for the film and music industry. :P

Nope, I don't belive it... at least not as written. The puzzle is not complete, and I suspect your friend has misled you. I'll be happy to perform whatever tests (I can always re-rip the music) you want against my MP3 collection to prove to you this is not the case.

And no... don't delude yourself, or let your friends delude you... Vista was not created for the end users, for the film industry or for the music industry... it was created by Microsoft for Microsoft. It's all about bottom line and selling the most copies. That's why Vista Home Basic is total shit... to make those foolish enough to buy it upgrade.

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Mon May 14, 2007 12:10 pm

wow Law you sounded like me a few posts back with the fu blasts! For the record as far as I can tell Vista has done absolutely nothing to stop Porks berserker attack with the rockets in the first 10 seconds of every tam round. :twisted:

The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.

Sir Winston Churchill, Speech at Harvard University, September 6, 1943

myxxplyxx

Postby myxxplyxx » Mon May 14, 2007 12:27 pm

this whole vista bloated code monster has me thinking a mac pro with boot camp might not be a bad thing....

this is from a guy who always disliked mac'n quacks.

maybe a linux box with a xp/visat boot. ... stay away from the mac'n quack dark side

an operating system should only take up about 20 meg of space and less of ram 8)
"Green eggs and spam...I would not eat them with a fox, I would not..."

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Tue May 15, 2007 8:44 am

Houdini wrote:wow Law you sounded like me a few posts back with the fu blasts! For the record as far as I can tell Vista has done absolutely nothing to stop Porks berserker attack with the rockets in the first 10 seconds of every tam round. :twisted:

You mean the ones that usually end up in his own rocket suicides? :P

Return to “thoughts... more or less”