Al Gore nabbed in $30,000 electricity shocker

Your general discussion home away from home.

Moderator: ForumModerators

Porkinator

Al Gore nabbed in $30,000 electricity shocker

Postby Porkinator » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:45 pm

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands
around reloading".--Thomas Jefferson

Yrrek

Postby Yrrek » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:09 pm

I saw that too. It is rather annoying to find that people with a cause generally do not follow their own advice, that goes for people of all political affiliations, or none at all.

Ace

Postby Ace » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:10 pm

I'd like to know how that is even possible. I don't conserve a damn thing in my house I'd even at my worse I'd spend $2400 a year (and that's gas and electric). Granted I'm poor as sh*t, but are you telling me he lives in a house 10 times as big as mine? That's a 21,000 square foot mansion with 20 gaming computers, 20 servers, 20 laptops, 10 old computers, 30 TVs, not to mention 10 of every normal household appliance. (Just to give some perspective on this, P Diddy does have a 17,000 crib....last I knew Gore didn't invent Rap to get on this level of income)

I'm guessing a typo on the bill. The only person on the planet that needs that kind of space and equipment is Nonstop with his 3 million kids.

If we are going to talk about rape, lets talk the stock market yesterday. I lost over twice my electric bill for the year in a single day. F-me.

Sideous Prime
Clan Leader

Postby Sideous Prime » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:35 pm

i know it isn't the national inquirer, but aren't some stories on that site "questionable." i used to visit that site a lot in the past and there seemed to be pretty tall tales published there. i guess you had to sift through the bs. i agree with ace, this one seems pretty far out.
"You'll never stop at one. I'll take you all on!"

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:39 pm

Sideous Prime wrote:i know it isn't the national inquirer, but aren't some stories on that site "questionable." i used to visit that site a lot in the past and there seemed to be pretty tall tales published there. i guess you had to sift through the bs. i agree with ace, this one seems pretty far out.

ABC good enough for you ?
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/GlobalWa ... 888&page=1

Sideous Prime
Clan Leader

Postby Sideous Prime » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:54 pm

let's use common sense here! if al gore isn't using common sense that's his problem.
"You'll never stop at one. I'll take you all on!"

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:19 am

It's so cute how you want truth and human beings to line up and walk side by side in order for truth to be relevant and valid pork. :wink:

I guess when you poked hard enough and found that Thomas Jefferson's radical ideas on abolishing slavery and work on the constitution to fend off monarchy must have been unfounded when you learned that he owned slaves.

I suppose you also would have been dismissive of Columus idea that the world was not flat had you found he had a flat map of the world in his home. I suppose that would have made the idea completely irrelevant too eh? :wink:

Ok the last 2 paragraphs were complete hyperbole based on my first sentence but they sure were fun.

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:56 am

So, how big is his mansion?

Is it also his office? If so, how many people work there daily?

What are the power demands of a similar ...more republican...structure?

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:46 am

nonstop wrote:It's so cute how you want truth and human beings to line up and walk side by side in order for truth to be relevant and valid pork. :wink:

I guess when you poked hard enough and found that Thomas Jefferson's radical ideas on abolishing slavery and work on the constitution to fend off monarchy must have been unfounded when you learned that he owned slaves.

I suppose you also would have been dismissive of Columus idea that the world was not flat had you found he had a flat map of the world in his home. I suppose that would have made the idea completely irrelevant too eh? :wink:

Ok the last 2 paragraphs were complete hyperbole based on my first sentence but they sure were fun.

Gore charges 150,000 a speech to talk about global warming and
now has raised it to 175,000.00 after he wins his Oscar.
I have no idea if what they are reporting is true or not.
But if and I repeat if it is does that make him someone that is using a hot topic too make him self a ton of money while ignoring the same things he preachs ?
I have nothing against capitalism but supposely he owns 4 houses and flys private jets all over the place. This is like Hugh Hefner
preaching abstinence.
Just an observation and not a condemnation as I have no idea if this stuff is true or not.

Ace

Postby Ace » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:18 am

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:04 pm

Ace wrote:Image

Someone tell me that the people in this clan aren't strange.

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:04 pm

Ace wrote:Image

Good stuff.

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:23 pm

It's the mysterious cat-toast device. A source of unending power. Bow before the mighty buttered feline.

This illustrates the concept better:

Deadly
Clan Leader

Postby Deadly » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:02 am

Porkinator wrote:
Sideous Prime wrote:i know it isn't the national inquirer, but aren't some stories on that site "questionable." i used to visit that site a lot in the past and there seemed to be pretty tall tales published there. i guess you had to sift through the bs. i agree with ace, this one seems pretty far out.

ABC good enough for you ?
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/GlobalWa ... 888&page=1

In short. No, ABC is not good enough for me. A lot of the mainstream media pick up those kinds of stories without seriously looking into them.

I think we need to take a grain of sodium chloride with any smear story in the news, and most of the rest of the reporting too. Anyone remember the swift boat story?

That being said, I have no idea about the accuracy of the Gore story one way or another.

Just out of curiosity, has Gore commented on the reports publically? What does he have to say about it?
Deadly

Return to “thoughts... more or less”