fantastic 4 Rise of Silver Surfer

Your general discussion home away from home.

Moderator: ForumModerators

ClownMajik
SpoogeMan!

fantastic 4 Rise of Silver Surfer

Postby ClownMajik » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:09 am

I did not know this was coming out near the end of 2007. This movie seems to look a lot darker than the first. Originally it was rumored that Vin Diesel was to play the role of SS, but this is not true.

“No truth to it”, Story said, when asked about the Diesel rumours. “The Surfer will be a new CGI design being developed especially for the movie. It's going to be incredible”.

-Tim story

I'm pretty excited to see this movie. I'm not a fan of F4, nor the first film. But then I caught a rumor that Galactus, Eater of Worlds would be making an appearance. (probably towards the end to set up the third film.) When I was a kid, Galactus used to be one of my favorite marvel characters. He also has a very cool background and storyline. Pretty in depth considering Marvel bases a lot of their content for older kids. Sort of how Transformers worked out.

http://www.fantasticfourmovie.com/US/index.html

An interesting read about Galactus. One thing to remember that silver surfer is basically one of the only guys who can defeat or kill him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galactus

Most people can probably confirm the appearance of Galactus in this second film. The question is when. This is a pretty hot CGI picture of what is to come. It even made its way to my desktop over a black background. Comic or not, it's a kick ass wallpaper.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/ ... tusrb0.jpg

Oh and also, Ghost Rider is FINALLY coming out. I think two years ago, teaser CGI picts were released. But rumors piled that the movie project was dumped. Honestly, this film didnt have a whole lot of scoop and it's already coming out next month. IMO it looks unimpressive. Lets hope Nicholas Cage will make it a decent rental. He's a pretty good actor IMO.

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/ghostrider/
"Of all the moments in my life, you were always there somewhere. Once as a wish. Once as a blessing. And now as the greatest loss I'll ever experience."

Nytefyre
Clan Whore

Postby Nytefyre » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:43 am

i never really cared for SS or Gal....

however, it would make for an interesting movie....

id be interested in seeing it...

and yes, thats is a pretty kick-ass pic for a wallpaper
10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Consentrated Power of Will,
5% Pleasure, 50% Pain, and 100% Reason to Remember The Name

Yrrek

Postby Yrrek » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:51 am

I remember seeing a trailer in a theatre about a month ago, I am pretty pumped! I am thinking that this installation of F4 will be MUCH better!

ClownMajik
SpoogeMan!

Postby ClownMajik » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:33 am

Marvel seems to be pretty consistant with their films. Fan4 will probably be like X-men. A three movie series. No doubt this second film will be much better than the first, but I have a feeling the third film (if there is one) will be the final battle against galactus.
"Of all the moments in my life, you were always there somewhere. Once as a wish. Once as a blessing. And now as the greatest loss I'll ever experience."

myxxplyxx

Postby myxxplyxx » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:15 pm

silver surfer....galactus...that would be sweet.... might make me forget how horrrible the first one was.... how do you screw crap like this up :evil: seems like every super hero movie should be a home run hit...plenty of good stories and characters to choose from.

maybe johnny storm will flame on before the last 15 minutes of the movie. :?
"Green eggs and spam...I would not eat them with a fox, I would not..."

Nytefyre
Clan Whore

Postby Nytefyre » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:30 pm

i was a punisher fan back in the day....

YAY FOR BIG GUNZ!!
10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Consentrated Power of Will,

5% Pleasure, 50% Pain, and 100% Reason to Remember The Name

Return to “thoughts... more or less”