New Website Issues

Comments and Suggestions relative to this website (we take compliments too!)

Moderator: ForumModerators

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

New Website Issues

Postby pewterdragn » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:43 pm

I'd like to hear if anyone is having issues with the new site. Particularly we seem to have some people with login issues. Please be very detailed about the issue.

THANKS!
1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

Dr.Feelgood

Postby Dr.Feelgood » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:24 am

Using the Smartdark skin on XP Professional and Firefox 1.5 the logo in the upper left hand corner is broken. It used to bring you right to the forum's 'root' page, and now it just reloads what page you are at at that very moment.
Because I really don't have anything interesting to say for the most part...

"Hi mom!"

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:32 am

Um...is it supposed to revert to the original black skin after you log in?

=A!M=NuGe

Postby =A!M=NuGe » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:36 am

Avaris wrote:Um...is it supposed to revert to the original black skin after you log in?
same here but i dont mind it :)

BeerNut

Postby BeerNut » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:46 am

OK Dragon... Here's the deal.

When I load the site up, it NEVER remembers my auto-login (even though I tell it to), and treats me as guest.
Also, the forum skin defaults to the white color.

If I type in my username and password in the upper right corner to login, NOTHING happens. The screen refreshes, but it still doesn't recognize me (skin still white).

If I click the "Log in to View my messages" link, and type in my info. that way. It DOES log me in, and the forum goes to the preferred black skin... At that point, everything is good. It has been doing this since the switchover.

Also, I'm not sure whether it is intentional or not, but I seem to be unable to view the main homepage with the news, etc... The root domain (tribalinstinct.net) is linking me directly to the forums now.
*Beer -&- UT*

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:18 am

Mine was doing the same as Beer... I switched to the new skin just fine.

Today it remembered me..

ClownMajik
SpoogeMan!

Postby ClownMajik » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:43 am

Well dragn and I have already spent some time dealing with my problems..O.o However I have one more thing to share. I also had windows remember my password. When you do this, a list of name(s) appear in the login box as you type it in. By selecting that name, it will automaticly type in the password. As of late, I have to login (I use the login page and window's remember me) twice. The first time, my name appears thanks to windows passwords, but when I click the login, it brings me back to the forum logged out. (I do check the remember me box too). However when I go back to log in a second time, the window's remember me feature doesnt work. I have to type in my whole acct name and password. I stay logged in for a few minutes, even if I close my browser and come back. But eventually I do get logged out again.

For those who get reverted back to the black skin, there is a fix. :) When you login, make sure to go into your profile and change your default skin to Tribal Instinct.
"Of all the moments in my life, you were always there somewhere. Once as a wish. Once as a blessing. And now as the greatest loss I'll ever experience."

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:02 pm

ClownMajik wrote:Well dragn and I have already spent some time dealing with my problems..O.o However I have one more thing to share. I also had windows remember my password. When you do this, a list of name(s) appear in the login box as you type it in. By selecting that name, it will automaticly type in the password. As of late, I have to login (I use the login page and window's remember me) twice. The first time, my name appears thanks to windows passwords, but when I click the login, it brings me back to the forum logged out. (I do check the remember me box too). However when I go back to log in a second time, the window's remember me feature doesnt work. I have to type in my whole acct name and password. I stay logged in for a few minutes, even if I close my browser and come back. But eventually I do get logged out again.

For those who get reverted back to the black skin, there is a fix. :) When you login, make sure to go into your profile and change your default skin to Tribal Instinct.

I remember that happened to me earlier on when, but before dragn had switched to the new look.

Return to “site junk”