ATI
45%

Total votes: 40

Mr.Hyde

Postby Mr.Hyde » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:12 pm

pewterdragn wrote:
rob[GL] wrote:You fanboy.

Back at ya.

rob[GL] wrote:I'm not trying to be an asshole, but you're denying strait proof... AOE 3 is heavily CPU dependant? So what does that have to do with this situation?

You haven't offered any proof... and CPU power is pretty important in ANY benchmark...

rob[GL] wrote:You have; ONE PROCESSOR, AND ONE BOARD, AND ONE HDD, AND ONE SET OF RAM, and the only thing you change is the video card... Magically when you pop in the ATi card, you get 37% increase... What does CPU have to do with anything? The cpu stayed the same, only the video card changed...

That's the lamest statement ever. MOBO chipset has everything to do with how the numbers change between cards. Some work better on different bridges... didn't you know that? And let's not get into how the same CPU can differ results based on how it talks to the GPU through the chipset.

rob[GL] wrote:The Catalyst 6.3's are amazing drivers, and while they had problems releasing drivers in the past, they have come a long way...

Amazing? Because you said it?

rob[GL] wrote:Every graphics card manufacturer has been caught putting driver cheats in to optimize benchmarks, not just ATi... What about Nvidia's not rendering shadows?

Well I wasn't talking about driver cheats at all... and I get plenty of shadows... turns out ATI has struggled with holding framerates across driver versions for years. I've talked with the guys in Markham about drivers since 8500/9800... they especially lose frames in ports (you try to run a decent 3D Direct Render platform on ATI in linux)

rob[GL] wrote:Dude, whatever, you're obviously very set in your ways... Enjoy your overpriced underpowered hardware.

um... lets keep looking...

rob[GL] wrote:And *IF* you cared enough, you *WOULD* check the links yourself... You obviously are just an Nvidia user, so you don't want to see the evidence...

Aren't you an ATI user?

Sounds like someone needs to look in the mirror before name calling...

For the record I own 3 different generations of NVidia cards and 4 ATI generations. I've used them in almost every Windows version and 2 generations of Linux kernels. I don't give a crap about hardware. Software is the key. You'll never find hardware thats better for the money for more then one or two purposes. They all have their place.

But anyway, thanks for the fanboy flamewar... I can't remember putting this much energy into something so ridiculous in months.

Sometimes you just gotta light the match ;)

That has to be a quote record.

Me and my shield gun are gonna pull a Michael Jackson with ya. ;)

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:39 pm

Mr.Hyde wrote:
pewterdragn wrote:

Back at ya.

rob[GL] wrote:I'm not trying to be an asshole, but you're denying strait proof... AOE 3 is heavily CPU dependant? So what does that have to do with this situation?

You haven't offered any proof... and CPU power is pretty important in ANY benchmark...

rob[GL] wrote:You have; ONE PROCESSOR, AND ONE BOARD, AND ONE HDD, AND ONE SET OF RAM, and the only thing you change is the video card... Magically when you pop in the ATi card, you get 37% increase... What does CPU have to do with anything? The cpu stayed the same, only the video card changed...

That's the lamest statement ever. MOBO chipset has everything to do with how the numbers change between cards. Some work better on different bridges... didn't you know that? And let's not get into how the same CPU can differ results based on how it talks to the GPU through the chipset.

rob[GL] wrote:The Catalyst 6.3's are amazing drivers, and while they had problems releasing drivers in the past, they have come a long way...

rob[GL] wrote:Every graphics card manufacturer has been caught putting driver cheats in to optimize benchmarks, not just ATi... What about Nvidia's not rendering shadows?

Well I wasn't talking about driver cheats at all... and I get plenty of shadows... turns out ATI has struggled with holding framerates across driver versions for years. I've talked with the guys in Markham about drivers since 8500/9800... they especially lose frames in ports (you try to run a decent 3D Direct Render platform on ATI in linux)

rob[GL] wrote:Dude, whatever, you're obviously very set in your ways... Enjoy your overpriced underpowered hardware.

rob[GL] wrote:And *IF* you cared enough, you *WOULD* check the links yourself... You obviously are just an Nvidia user, so you don't want to see the evidence...

Aren't you an ATI user?

For the record I own 3 different generations of NVidia cards and 4 ATI generations. I've used them in almost every Windows version and 2 generations of Linux kernels. I don't give a crap about hardware. Software is the key. You'll never find hardware thats better for the money for more then one or two purposes. They all have their place.

But anyway, thanks for the fanboy flamewar... I can't remember putting this much energy into something so ridiculous in months.

That has to be a quote record.

Had more on our old forum :?

Cüßèli

Postby Cüßèli » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:53 pm

AT1 all the way! :wink:

nVidia takes the crown on freebie OS linux, while ATi shines in mass production OS XP/Vista etc.

future predictions.
AMD + AT1 = :wave:

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:40 pm

Cüßèli wrote:AT1 all the way! :wink:

nVidia takes the crown on freebie OS linux, while ATi shines in mass production OS XP/Vista etc.

future predictions.
AMD + AT1 = :wave:

The mexican wave? :?

rob[GL]

Postby rob[GL] » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:21 pm

pewterdragn wrote:

Back at ya.

Aren't you an ATI user?

I was planning not to come back to this thread, but you still miss the point... When every piece of hardware in a system stays exactly the same, the same cpu, same mobo (same chipset) same ram, same hard drive... and *ONLY* the video card changes, and all of a sudden, with the ATi card installed, you get almost 40% increase in performance? Obviously ATi did something right?
Everyone may piss in the pool but you have to be extra mean to do it from the high diving board.

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Postby pewterdragn » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:37 pm

rob[GL] wrote:I was planning not to come back to this thread, but you still miss the point... When every piece of hardware in a system stays exactly the same, the same cpu, same mobo (same chipset) same ram, same hard drive... and *ONLY* the video card changes, and all of a sudden, with the ATi card installed, you get almost 40% increase in performance? Obviously ATi did something right?

Yeah, with that chipset. Me thinks you missed the point.

And let's not even get into instruction sets...
1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

rob[GL]

Postby rob[GL] » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:39 pm

Like I said, I'm the one who has to use my computer, and you're the one who has to game on yours... So really, what it boils down to, is whatever *we* like best to put into our own machine...
Everyone may piss in the pool but you have to be extra mean to do it from the high diving board.

Cüßèli

Postby Cüßèli » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:24 pm

AT1 :wink:

Mr.Hyde

Postby Mr.Hyde » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:28 pm

Don't get your panties inna twist. 8)

Nytefyre
Clan Whore

Postby Nytefyre » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:45 am

is this thing still GOING?

geeze...

:shock:
10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Consentrated Power of Will,
5% Pleasure, 50% Pain, and 100% Reason to Remember The Name

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:57 am

I think so.

Mr.Hyde

Postby Mr.Hyde » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:11 pm

Nah, someone just can't except defeat. *wink* :wink:

(Flare up is next)

rob[GL]

Postby rob[GL] » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:06 pm

At least we all agree that UT is the best game evar... :)

Mr.Hyde

Postby Mr.Hyde » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:10 pm

rob[GL] wrote:At least we all agree that UT is the best game evar... :)

AMEN

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:53 pm

Return to “site polls”