Need some feedback....

Introduce yourself here if you're in another clan.
GITM

Need some feedback....

Postby GITM » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:46 pm

Sup folks, been putting somethings down on paper regarding our next Team-Exiled 1v1 tourney, and was wondering what your thoughts are. First of all if you were in the last one I'd like to know what you thought of it, and what you would like to see different in the next one.

One thing I have been pondering on was whether to run the tournaments on the weekends, or say maybe select a date and just run a 6-8 hour tournament on that day. Let me know what you folks think, as I'm just trying to get some feedback from the community. I do think our next tournament might be a 64 player public tourney. Last one was for clan members only, so now we might grab players like dawgpound, and the likes, who knows.

Thanks for your input.

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:13 pm

I'm down for whatever. I like the whole one day thing but that could conflict with schedules and whatnot. Obviously its not as flexible but, you can get it all out in one day.
"Son look at all the people linin' up for plastic, wouldnt you like to see them in the national geographic? Squatting bare assed in the dirt eatin' rice from a bowl, with a towel on their head and maybe a bone in their nose?"

Ace

Postby Ace » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:31 pm

I think the 1 day tourney is a better idea. I say that because I know I spent more time waiting for matches to happen then playing them (yeah I know you smart asses will say I should have played better) in the last one.

Maybe it was a false observation, but it seemed like in the last tourney, it was rare that people showed up on time. I hate waiting around. It's even worse when I know when the match is suppose to happen, so I get there on time, but still have to wait an hour for the other guy to show. With as many people as you are trying to do, I think I'd slit my wrists trying to babysit matches over a few weeks. Be kind to yourself....just pick a day and do it in one day.

My .02

Trinity

Postby Trinity » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:58 pm

Either way I say set as time limit for no shows and enforce it. I think 15 minutes is plenty. If you don't show up within 15 of your scheduled match time (without prior arrangments by both perties for rescheduling) then you forfeit.

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:12 pm

Gitm let me say before we poke to many holes in your last tourney that I think you guys did great and put a lot of work and time into making that happen. I think it brought a few players together and some fun was had.

Now having said that, I also think that a 1 day thing is nice as long as it starts late enough for people to play. That way everyone will spec more and it will be more of a community effort instead of just random matches. Or consider doing it in a couple days bunched together maybe?

Either way I also agree with forfeiting. You and del are very nice and were very accomodating but that was also a little frustrating when trying to find your match so I say if someone doesn't show let the bracket move on.

Now, having said all of that if you get dawgpound to play....I'M OUT!!! :lol:

GITM

Postby GITM » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:39 pm

Well that is why I am contemplating the 1 day idea. Our last tourney was only 32 players, and there were around 12 forfeits. Not only that, but all dates were scheduled over a 4 week period, with matches on Thursday-Saturday, and Sunday for makeups. What ended up happening was there were 2 or 3 matches on Thurs-Sat, and 8-10 matches on Sunday. Was just too damn fustrating. So I was thinking about starting a tournament at say around noon'ish on a weekend, and then that would put the finals in and around 10'ish at the latest. Towards the end of our last tournament, we had to forfeit people, as they were holding up the ladder from progressing, which we couldn't have had. I have learned you have to be stricter then that, just to make it easy on yourself.

Did you folks notice any problems besides the schedule??

Yrrek

Postby Yrrek » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:02 pm

I think the one day event would be a good idea. Also the time limit on match forfeits needs to be enforced, I know I personally caused some grief showing up late or not at all. I just plain forgot about it, it was hard to remember for me since my plans generally change often and without much notice. All in all it was a good experience playing last time. I got to meet some people, and I got beat pretty badly =) but that is ok. In the end make it as easy on you and Del as possible. Because with 64 players that will make it much more time consuming.

Rom

Postby Rom » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:36 pm

What ever guys you have made a very good job in the last tournement.I agree whit non and all the others 1 day will be cool,and count me in again i am starting to like to get own :wink: :wink: :wink: your fault Soulja little biotch :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Deadly Frenchies

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:05 pm

}EX{GITM wrote:
Did you folks notice any problems besides the schedule??

Yes ace couldn't find any radar or aimbot hax in his matches and I couldn't seem to find anything but an lg in my ear the last match. :wink:

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:43 am

Rom wrote:What ever guys you have made a very good job in the last tournement.I agree whit non and all the others 1 day will be cool,and count me in again i am starting to like to get own :wink: :wink: :wink: your fault Soulja little biotch :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL
"Son look at all the people linin' up for plastic, wouldnt you like to see them in the national geographic? Squatting bare assed in the dirt eatin' rice from a bowl, with a towel on their head and maybe a bone in their nose?"

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:59 am

Seeing I will only be there for one match and then eliminated it does not matter to me. I think being able to spectate the other matches would be cool though.

The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.

Sir Winston Churchill, Speech at Harvard University, September 6, 1943

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:24 am

Houdini wrote:Seeing I will only be there for one match and then eliminated it does not matter to me. I think being able to spectate the other matches would be cool though.

UTV!!!

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:27 am

Soulja wrote:
Houdini wrote:Seeing I will only be there for one match and then eliminated it does not matter to me. I think being able to spectate the other matches would be cool though.

UTV!!!

Ya UTV would be a good idea.

The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.

Sir Winston Churchill, Speech at Harvard University, September 6, 1943

Sloth

Postby Sloth » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:53 am

i could see if you can use Res's UTV server (dirty just set it up for moyer's MOTSLHATJ tdm tournament that just finished http://www.prounreal.com/forums/viewtop ... eb37290462)

probably not available for every match - only for those times that we have a willing cameraman available.

Return to “ut: clan to clan communications”