die ASUS P5B Deluxe Die!

What rig do you spend your time on?

Moderator: ForumModerators

Houdini

die ASUS P5B Deluxe Die!

Postby Houdini » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:37 am

I swear to crap I am going to choke my mobo right out. I bought this thing because the price/performance ratio and also the availability of the water blocks cause I wanted to water cool. I have had maybe 8 or 9 cold boots with this thing. (wont post-no BIOS nothing). Normally it took between 10-40 minutes then it was back. Yesterday afternoon it went and did not come back so I had to go to my other computer that sounds like a 90 year old man jogging when turned on. So back to the new comp I removed the battery, moved the jumpercap cap and reset CMOS...nothing. This morning it posted but then when I changed from IDE to SAtA RAID it died again. Well I finally just got it working by popping the mem sticks blowing in some air and swapping them around. Not sure what the problem was but it was definetley the memory. I thought I would post this if anyone gets this problem it may help.

The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.

Sir Winston Churchill, Speech at Harvard University, September 6, 1943

nonstop

Re: die ASUS P5B Deluxe Die!

Postby nonstop » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:26 pm

Sometimes reseating your mem/cards is necessary with many mb I have found. May have just had a bad connection, possibly was getting hot from dust? Who knows but glad you "got it up" again in the words of pork. :D

Return to “game hardware”