need some help

What rig do you spend your time on?

Moderator: ForumModerators

Houdini

need some help

Postby Houdini » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:48 pm

I am sure someone knows how to do a clean install of windows XP I need to do that and I am not sure where to start. I am not worried about losing programs I dont have that many and eveything is going on the other drive. I do have two raptors in Raid 0 that the OS is on but I think it should be done the same as one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by Houdini on Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.

Sir Winston Churchill, Speech at Harvard University, September 6, 1943

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:12 pm

also another note here I changed boot sevice priority in order to boot from the windows cd and at first I ran into some trouble with the keyboard not functioning until windows booted so I could not enter the BIOS. I actually pulled the battery and moved the cap to reset CMOS and that worked for the keyboard. So I booted the cd and when everything was loaded it said something like "no hard disks found" cannot continue f3 to restart" What the F is that? Do I need to break the RAID array first? HELP!!!!!!!

Rom

Postby Rom » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:54 pm

ok first of all Houdi

1:boot on the cd and when windows start to transfert data on the hard drive press f6,after that they gonna ask you to insert a floppy disk into the floppy and install the driver for your raid array.Dont take out the floppy disk before the windows have complete the installation.

And if you have to rebuilt you raid array when the comp boot press control and i at the same time to get in the raid array sething ,just delete it and rebuilt a new one,but if your array is already done than dont do this step.If you have to rebuit it,do it before you try the install of your windows and after that go in your bios just to be sure that your raid array is set in 2nd boot after your dvd drive.

If you need more help let ime know bud
The Deadly Frenchies

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:33 pm

Rom thank you very much you are exactly right once I used the driver disk it allowed me to specify an alternate controller fo rthe hard disk and pick the Raid driver. So before I wipe the slate clean I thought I would post a thank you in case it does not go well. Hopefully I will see everyone tonight.

Frankie
Hou

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:18 pm

aint -nobody -dope- as -me -cause- im -so -fresh -and clean. So fresh and so clean- clean.

Return to “game hardware”