wtf did i do?

What rig do you spend your time on?

Moderator: ForumModerators

Houdini

wtf did i do?

Postby Houdini » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:49 am

I must have somehow deleted the windows uninstaller files cause now in my add/remove programs there is no option to uninstall anything and to make it worse some things like the razer driver do not even appear anymore. I noticed the uninstallers were gone the same day that photoshop started telling me I was a pirate. Maybe this is some kind of Adobe attack virus? I actually went and got a program called Your Uninstaller 2006 and it does the add/remove programns instead of windows. I was able to get rid of the suspect programs but still the razer drivers are not there. My solution to all this is to go ahead and move forward to Vista next week. Anyone else have an idea?

The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.

Sir Winston Churchill, Speech at Harvard University, September 6, 1943

Rom

Postby Rom » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:26 am

ban vista from you mind :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Deadly Frenchies

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:20 pm

rom did you try it? was it bad? I either have to do that or I guess I could just reinstall windows XP again. I hope I can figure out how I did the RAID array.

Rom

Postby Rom » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:26 pm

Wasnt bad at all,but there a slow motion when we open folder and i hate that,raid are very week whit vista lost near 30 % of my performance compare to xp(Bad driver for raid array).And seem that is very hard to copy a dvd movie but i dint give it a try.

I will stuck whit xp for a while and give more time to everything to get fixed,before i made a reel move
The Deadly Frenchies

myxxplyxx

Postby myxxplyxx » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:41 pm

the subject should be wtf did I make my avatar so f%cking big!!!!!!
dini...it's so big the gravitational pull on that thing is screwing up the whole forum..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Green eggs and spam...I would not eat them with a fox, I would not..."

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:07 am

Houdi
Personally I would suggest trying Vista.
Sooner or later you will will be going there anyway.
You might want to try installing it on a separate hard drive and do a dual boot. Rom tried Vista for a week or so and he got an "evalution " copy ans since then there have been patches for it that seems to clear up a lot of the problems . They will be relaeasing Service Pack 1 in November.
I repect Rom's opinion so I booetd onto my XP drive a little while ago and did all the updates including Nvidia's latest driver and hopped on our TAM server and loaded Pipeworks Night ,which seems to give most of the 8800 cards users the most trouble as far as staggering goes , and while it was somewhat better it still no where as smooth as it plays in Vista.
Some programs still have problems under Vista you need to check the ones that you use most and see if there is an issue.
Then you have to decide if you wnat to try it or not.
I believe Law is running Vista and likes it.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands
around reloading".--Thomas Jefferson

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:07 am

Rom, what raid are you using.

I finally managed to upgrade my RAID drivers to the latest from NVIDIA, and they're screaming!

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:09 pm

law.of.averages wrote:Rom, what raid are you using.

I finally managed to upgrade my RAID drivers to the latest from NVIDIA, and they're screaming!

You can use different drivers? I really dont even know which ones I am using I know it was not J micron. Is this something I should try and how do you do that cause I had the drivers I used on a floppy I put in during windows installation.

Rom

Postby Rom » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:48 pm

I was using the last driver for intel ich7 for vista
The Deadly Frenchies

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:47 am

Houdini wrote:
law.of.averages wrote:Rom, what raid are you using.

You can use different drivers? I really dont even know which ones I am using I know it was not J micron. Is this something I should try and how do you do that cause I had the drivers I used on a floppy I put in during windows installation.

You have to use the ones for your hardware. But since Vista's been released, NVIDIA has upgraded theirs 4 times... each time brings a bit of a speed increase ... the last one was like 8%

Return to “game hardware”