Wanna be Overclockers Rejoice!

What rig do you spend your time on?

Moderator: ForumModerators

nonstop

Wanna be Overclockers Rejoice!

Postby nonstop » Wed May 25, 2005 2:42 pm

If you have never quite understood Front Side Bus, Multipliers and Dividers here is one of the best articles I have seen on the subject.

So you can go out now and buy the best overclocking chip ever, the Mobile Barton 2500 xp, and overclock it up to 3.2 mhz and greater with ease. the mobile barton is only around 86 bucks right now on newegg.

Enjoy.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/directron/fsbguide.html

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Wed May 25, 2005 2:45 pm

For more overclocking info in case that spawned questions....

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/directron/overclocking.html

Great links at the bottom.

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Wed May 25, 2005 5:01 pm

Just ordered, for my backup system, the best o/c chip on the planet with an asus a7n8x and a thermaltake silentboost. Not the best hsf combo out there but I like to balance quiet with burning my cpu up. :o

This whole deal, as long as you have a cdrom/hard drive/case will only cost you 285.00 and that's with 2 sticks of corsair 512 memory for a gig of memory to boot.

If you already have the memory then it will only cost you about 215.00 to get a pc that runs as fast as anything out there barring the 800-900 dollar cpu's that would put your system in the 1000.00 dollar plus category.

Trinity

Postby Trinity » Wed May 25, 2005 6:23 pm

I've never really looked into the overclocking thing. Course I've never owned top of the line anything either! As long as it plays my games, runs my aps, and let's me surf it's good enough. Now when it comes to modding, that's where I have some fun!

Good luck with the combo you get nonstop.

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Wed May 25, 2005 7:15 pm

Trinity wrote:I've never really looked into the overclocking thing. Course I've never owned top of the line anything either! As long as it plays my games, runs my aps, and let's me surf it's good enough. Now when it comes to modding, that's where I have some fun!

Good luck with the combo you get nonstop.

Not having top of the line is the best excuse ever to overclock to the extreme... when it melts, it's time to upgrade :-)

Law's Wife: What happened?
Law: Um...Uh...I don't know... i smelled smoke, and it just shut off
Law's Wife: I suppose you want a new one
Law: Well, i do need a working machine...

Return to “game hardware”