Razer Diamondback

What rig do you spend your time on?

Moderator: ForumModerators

Trinity

Razer Diamondback

Postby Trinity » Tue May 24, 2005 7:27 am

I picked this mouse up about a week ago and I am pretty happy with it. I can't say I'm doing any better in game but it is fast and smooth. I cranked my sensitivity down from 2.50 to 0.50. I don't yet know if that is the sweetspot (for me) or not, but that seems to be the same speed I was running at with my Microsoft Intellimouse. One issue that I am having is my weapon binds. In the past I had my shock and shield mapped to mouse buttons. Now that the button positions have changed I cannot get to either of those weapons in a timely fashion. Constant practice should help to alleviate that issue though.

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Tue May 24, 2005 10:31 am

I liked the smoothness of that but the mx518 that I reviewed in the forums has the same smoothness and 'I think' resolution and all the buttons of the 510. I didn't like the ergonomics of the razor though. My hands are big and it was just way to uncomfortable for me.
Last edited by nonstop on Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Jeta-
Site Admin

Postby -Jeta- » Tue May 24, 2005 11:25 am

I find that you either like the razor design or the logitech one. They are very different fits :)
... WTF ...

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:55 pm

I tried out the new diamondbacks that bestbuy is offering last week. I liked it quite a bit as it has more buttons than the previous version. It was so lite though in comparison to the 510 that I exchanged it for a 518 as I think the first 518 I tried was flawed. So far so good with the 518. It is a little hard to adjust to at first but the weight is more what I'm used to. I may have to change my earlier review of this mouse.

Return to “game hardware”