computer build off

What rig do you spend your time on?

Moderator: ForumModerators

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:36 pm

Houdini wrote:Sweet! I remembered the account name and pass for my steam account with Valve so I can get my Half Life 2 Back and also I guess I will get episode 2 if and when it is out.

You will love how it looks.

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:14 am

well I loaded half life and it was awesome. so then I cleaned up all the wires and re did a few things and it really looks nice. so then I turn it back on and the video card is making a high pitch wine now really loud. I am so pissed I am sening this thing back to new egg and reconsidering my options.

Well its looks nice anyway:

The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.

Sir Winston Churchill, Speech at Harvard University, September 6, 1943

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:15 am

Houdini wrote:well I loaded half life and it was awesome. so then I cleaned up all the wires and re did a few things and it really looks nice. so then I turn it back on and the video card is making a high pitch wine now really loud. I am so pissed I am sening this thing back to new egg and reconsidering my options.

Well its looks nice anyway:

*sigh.... do you remember earlier in this same thread, page 2, when I wrote:

nonstop wrote:I think rom could tell you, don't get a new board! Esp. if it's from nvidia and evga

Rom rma'd his 7900gtx like 3x and it still had an issue so he had to downclock the card to get it stable.

The key to new tech is wait for rev 2. : )
:wink:

rma it and get a card from msi.

Rom

Postby Rom » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:14 pm

Honnestly i really thing all the compagny are bad ,Asus,Leadtech,Evga,xfx,Bfg,and Msi all have a lot of issue whit there 7900 series a brand or another wont help if the series have bad issues.

I think Evga product are good like the others,but for the support thats the best computer compagny i have seen in the industries.I have send a leadtech for warranty i take more than 2 months to get it back,Asus have take a month not so bad,Msi 3 weeks,and evga have made a cross shipping so i have wait 4 days.

Go whit a good brand,whit greath support,i have read at many forums that bfg and evga gives the best support at the moment,but for the 8800 serires Non is right it is sonn to buy one,but a lot of peoples have some and that runs very wells.

So the quest tion whit new hardware is are you ready to take a chance :?: :?: :?: :?:
The Deadly Frenchies

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:56 pm

well the issue is I am stuck with the XFX card because the new egg policy on defective items is that you have to take back the same item you can not refund and upgrade or just refund. I should sell the new one on ebay and buy the BFG version. Well I will be on this weekend anyway even if I have to play on the old comp.

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:32 am

Going someplace fun?

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:56 am

Houdini wrote:well the issue is I am stuck with the XFX card because the new egg policy on defective items is that you have to take back the same item you can not refund and upgrade or just refund. I should sell the new one on ebay and buy the BFG version. Well I will be on this weekend anyway even if I have to play on the old comp.

Call evga and they will work with you. One reason I went with their card is Rom recommeded them and if they can make a grouchy old frenchman happy they can make a grouchy young New Yorker happy.
They will do the crossship . Give them a try first.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands
around reloading".--Thomas Jefferson

Rom

Postby Rom » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:19 am

he have a xfx card and i have read a lot of bad support about that compagny ,i think it wil be more wise to have a refund and try another compagny
The Deadly Frenchies

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:42 am

Rom wrote:he have a xfx card and i have read a lot of bad support about that compagny ,i think it wil be more wise to have a refund and try another compagny

I guess we know what the F stands for in XFX then.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands
around reloading".--Thomas Jefferson

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:01 pm

Thanks rom for noticing i dont have an EVGA I was going to point that out. XFX has a lifetime warranty on the card but I really thought seeing I am going to get most liley the new ATI card (and then deal with their new card problems) in May I thought I would not have to worry about the warranty. Well new egg recieved my card today at 3pm so I hope they can turn around quickly and get me a new one.

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:01 pm

non you still helping with the OC???

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:28 pm

Houdini wrote:non you still helping with the OC???

Ya dude but was going to wait till you were ready. You want to get your card back or you have one in there?

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:44 pm

I have one in I had purchased a $30 ASUS X300 128mb pci card when I thought I was getting a water cooled card so I would be able to set the system up. So I thought it would be a good time to mess with the bios because gaming is not going to work well. :evil:

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:16 am

Houdini wrote:I have one in I had purchased a $30 ASUS X300 128mb pci card when I thought I was getting a water cooled card so I would be able to set the system up. So I thought it would be a good time to mess with the bios because gaming is not going to work well. :evil:

Okie, I'll start you off with some stuff here today sometime.

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:55 am

Well if you get any time sunday i have all day to mess with it.

Return to “game hardware”