Site Admin

Postby -Jeta- » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:44 pm

Whatever backshooting monkey boy :P
... WTF ...

Nytefyre
Clan Whore

Postby Nytefyre » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:31 pm

and ur point?

blame monitors, mice, keyboards, power supplies....WHATEVER U WANT....

Its not like it makes a difference....i see spine, i blast it!

its that simple!

:D
10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Consentrated Power of Will,
5% Pleasure, 50% Pain, and 100% Reason to Remember The Name

-Jeta-
Site Admin

Postby -Jeta- » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:40 pm

Come find it lizard ...I dare you :P
... WTF ...

Nytefyre
Clan Whore

Postby Nytefyre » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:38 pm

stop hyding behind ur internet!!

CHEATER!

u kno dang good and well i cant fynd u now!

internet h4x0r!!
10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Consentrated Power of Will,

5% Pleasure, 50% Pain, and 100% Reason to Remember The Name

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Postby pewterdragn » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:45 am

Nytefyre wrote:stop hyding behind ur internet!!

CHEATER!

u kno dang good and well i cant fynd u now!

internet h4x0r!!

Stop hiding behind your non-internet! :)
1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:29 pm

pewterdragn wrote:

Stop hiding behind your non-internet! :)

2 comments....

1) ouch :lol:

2) does that mean he's hiding behind my internet?

Splodge

Postby Splodge » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:16 pm

well i have a 17" lcd monitor and i dont have any problems with it i think its a lot better than my last 17" crt monitor. but thats just me. i havent noticed no bluring or anything like that so maybe its some thing to do with how you guys have them set up or something coz mine is just fine i like it.

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Postby pewterdragn » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:02 pm

Splodge wrote:well i have a 17" lcd monitor and i dont have any problems with it i think its a lot better than my last 17" crt monitor. but thats just me. i havent noticed no bluring or anything like that so maybe its some thing to do with how you guys have them set up or something coz mine is just fine i like it.

You are just used to it man. I am too on my LCD... there isnt a LCD on the planet that can play UT without some blurred motion ;)
1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

Splodge

Postby Splodge » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:09 pm

ive only had it for 6 week and i was in portugal for 8 days of that 6 week.

Blind_Squirrel

Postby Blind_Squirrel » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:54 pm

My dad's monitor broke (he claims to have been "gently" cleaning it...ahemm...) so being the dutiful son I am I lent him my CRT to give him time to sort it out and am working from a little ol' 600 mhz g3 ibook (no UT for me).

So, at first he was going to get a CRT, then I talked him into an LCD, then he said I'll give you x$ for your 21" CRT ( used to work) so that you can get the new fangled stuff (dad isn't interested in new fangled stuff). And if I weren't a student, I'd be in a position to just give it an forget it, but I was excited and thought OK, cool.

Now I've read this and I am just beside myself.....AARRRGGHHHHH!

I have read that the persistence on a CRT is 3 ms, and the LCDs range from like 6 to 30 in the current crop. There is a dell that lists 8...and while it would probably cause bad karma to hook up a spawn of satan Dell monitor to an Apple product, I was close to doing it....

I think I know what y'all will be saying, I should probably get my monitor back and dad who just watches stocks all day can use the LCD for text and we'd both be happier? Awww Nuts!!!

Wish I was playing tonight... catch up w/ you guys (and ladies) soon.

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:57 pm

Just depends on how much ut playing u do. If you play alot get the crt back! :wink:

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:00 pm

nonstop wrote:Just depends on how much ut playing u do. If you play alot get the crt back! :wink:

give hime a chance to try it first :-) sounds like the crt will still be there in 2 weeks

Blind_Squirrel

Postby Blind_Squirrel » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:20 am

I looked online and read so much bad and a little good that I gave up and persuaded my dad to look at the flat panels and return my CRT. I am just not ready and don't have the extra cash to waste on a monitor for technology that is still maturing. He just looks at web stuff and text/spreadsheets so in every way it is better suited to his needs...and I won't have to sacrifice quality at resolutions my computer can crank out for gaming or put $$ into something that isn't really my problem...I'd be better with a cpu upgrade if I spent anything at all...

While the latest Viewsonic and Samsungs would probably have been OK, it just doesn't make sense for me, and he will be able to get by without even worrying whether it is the latest or greatest. Don't know how long it will take for him to figure it out on his end and recieve it, but I'm guessing I'm not playing anything for at least a week till I get the monitor back.....

See you all then!

thanks,

- mark

Shadowhaxor

Postby Shadowhaxor » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:33 pm

I don't know what to say... many know me as a hardcore UT player, and all I use are LCD's. Yah., it took sometime to get used to it , but I'd never go back to crt.

It all depends on which lcd you get, so you have to do your homework. Me, I ended up with a L90D+, and I love it so much I am trying to get another one.... This lcd rocks.

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:39 pm

Shadowhaxor wrote:I don't know what to say... many know me as a hardcore UT player, and all I use are LCD's. Yah., it took sometime to get used to it , but I'd never go back to crt.

It all depends on which lcd you get, so you have to do your homework. Me, I ended up with a L90D+, and I love it so much I am trying to get another one.... This lcd rocks.

Shadow, go play some 1on1 with Ace then get back to me on that one. :wink:

Return to “game hardware”