My Logitech MX510 left button out!

What rig do you spend your time on?

Moderator: ForumModerators

BeerNut

Postby BeerNut » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:58 am

Hoss wrote:Well I never kept the receipt. Oh well, it's shiny and colorful and my son just loves it as his new toy. :lol:

You don't need it...

Seriously, here's what you should do... Call logitech, tell them that your mouse is acting up, and you can't remember when you bought it. They will have you read the model/SN# off of the bottom.
They will then take you through some basic troubleshooting steps that won't work, and in the end they will ship you a replacement and tell you to throw out the bad mouse... (you can let your kid keep it, I won't tell).

Presto... You've got a brand new backup 510.

I've done this twice with logitech, and my brother has done it once... It is definitely worth the 10 minutes on the phone.
*Beer -&- UT*

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:04 am

BeerNut wrote:
Hoss wrote:Well I never kept the receipt. Oh well, it's shiny and colorful and my son just loves it as his new toy. :lol:

You don't need it...

Seriously, here's what you should do... Call logitech, tell them that your mouse is acting up, and you can't remember when you bought it. They will have you read the model/SN# off of the bottom.
They will then take you through some basic troubleshooting steps that won't work, and in the end they will ship you a replacement and tell you to throw out the bad mouse... (you can let your kid keep it, I won't tell).

Presto... You've got a brand new backup 510.

I've done this twice with logitech, and my brother has done it once... It is definitely worth the 10 minutes on the phone.

Or... get a g5 ;)

Return to “game hardware”