Favorite Gaming Headphones?

What rig do you spend your time on?

Moderator: ForumModerators

nonstop

Favorite Gaming Headphones?

Postby nonstop » Tue May 09, 2006 2:10 pm

Looking for ones with mic and without. If you have something you don't recommend put it up too as I am interested in what is good/not good.

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Tue May 09, 2006 2:25 pm

Non,

I've started using a set of phillips headphones with active noise cancellation. The difference is astounding, i can hear footsteps and other sounds that are normally drowned out by my vast collection of cooling fans

Basicly i went to best buy and bought the cheapest non-sony brand with active NC.

I just wish they had a model with mic so I don't have to wear my *other* headphones on my neck to talk on TS

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Tue May 09, 2006 2:32 pm

I love the hardware posts! I needed a headset w/ mic in a pinch recently so I bought these----> http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=103,CONTENTID=9523

They are a bit better then average not too bad. They sort of cover your whole ear so you can hear a bit better and the mic is good.

When I have the money next month or maybe sooner I am ordering these ----> http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=437&subcategory=442&product=12208

P.I.M.P sho nuff!

For just a regular headset of course BOSE and check these babies out ----> http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/category.asp?transid=cat7

Those look awesome and I had a cheap pair before and they blew anything else I ever heard out of the water.

Non thanks for the links on the mouse pad I think I found a winner.

:twisted: :!: :twisted:

The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.

Sir Winston Churchill, Speech at Harvard University, September 6, 1943

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Tue May 09, 2006 2:54 pm

Houdini,

Don't confuse headphones with a 'noise cancelling microphone'
and headphones with 'active noise cancelling'

Have a look at these:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 2286040073

On the sides of each ear is a microphone that picks up background sounds and dampens it. they're great on airplanes or when you've got a loud steady sounding environment... like computer fans

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Tue May 09, 2006 3:09 pm

Now I am more confused. Are you dissing the creative headphones?

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Tue May 09, 2006 3:55 pm

Yes!
:P

Last night i picked up some Panasonic noise-cancelling phones from Sams (they were on the clearence shelf marked down to 88 from 110)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009M ... oding=UTF8

They're more comfortable than the phillips models, but I don't think the noise cancellation algorithm's work quite as well.

On the other hand, the battery fits into one of the ears, instead of a 'block' half way up the cable, and the on/off switch is easier to opperate.

Still no microphone.

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Wed May 17, 2006 12:59 pm

Update.

Should be here by Friday...

http://www.stereophile.com/headphones/1294senn/

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Wed May 17, 2006 1:06 pm

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!L33t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

*Drooling, jealous...I'll have mine at the end of this month!

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Wed May 17, 2006 1:37 pm

Houdini wrote:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!L33t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

*Drooling, jealous...I'll have mine at the end of this month!

Same?

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Wed May 17, 2006 1:46 pm

Yeah I would toatlly get those. Plus they are open and I normally have a friend or two over when I am playing unreal and they like to here the sounds so that would be cool. Post something after you get them so I can see if they are worth it. Where did you buy yours? I think I would get the reconditioned ones with the warrenty from ebay they were 150 with shipping.

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Wed May 17, 2006 1:57 pm

Houdini wrote:Yeah I would toatlly get those. Plus they are open and I normally have a friend or two over when I am playing unreal and they like to here the sounds so that would be cool. Post something after you get them so I can see if they are worth it. Where did you buy yours? I think I would get the reconditioned ones with the warrenty from ebay they were 150 with shipping.

I think I got the same ones Houdini. They were off ebay and they were from a factory authorized dealer but they were b stock, i.e. returned for whatever reason.

I have done a lot of research man and these seem to be the best by far for the money. Go over to acdc-clan.com and post something in the forums if you want. Those guys are way into hardware and things and can give you some good opinions. Cubelie has some hd580s over there and he loves them.

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Wed May 17, 2006 2:02 pm

I sent an email to Koss telling them to get busy on some Mutlimedia headphones (read microphone) with active-noise cancelling.

No reply as yet

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Wed May 17, 2006 2:23 pm

nonstop wrote:
Houdini wrote:Yeah I would toatlly get those. Plus they are open and I normally have a friend or two over when I am playing unreal and they like to here the sounds so that would be cool. Post something after you get them so I can see if they are worth it. Where did you buy yours? I think I would get the reconditioned ones with the warrenty from ebay they were 150 with shipping.

I think I got the same ones Houdini. They were off ebay and they were from a factory authorized dealer but they were b stock, i.e. returned for whatever reason.

I have done a lot of research man and these seem to be the best by far for the money. Go over to acdc-clan.com and post something in the forums if you want. Those guys are way into hardware and things and can give you some good opinions. Cubelie has some hd580s over there and he loves them.

No need those look hood. Which is a good thing. I need to wear headphones at night cause the noise so I really would like to have a good pair.

Return to “game hardware”