Mouse Pads

What rig do you spend your time on?

Moderator: ForumModerators

nonstop

Mouse Pads

Postby nonstop » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:37 pm

I keep hearing great things about the xray pads so for anyone looking to upgrade this part of their system, take a look.

Tomshardware reviewed several gaming pads recently and the xray's came out on top.

The review here is on a bigger pad, The Thunder9 by xraypad, which works well for you low sensitivity folks like myself.

http://www.extensiontech.net/reviews/wz/xray/t9/
ImageImage

If you like a smaller pad take a look at this review of the Thunder8:

http://www.extensiontech.net/reviews/wz/xray/t8/

Link to xraypads home: http://www.xraypads.com

Or for those that just want a decent pad that's very big for low sensitivity users and very inexpensive, just grab yourself a Supermat. You can find them at microcenter and comp usa or from an online retailer. There only about 8 bucks now and they are 17 1/2" x 13 7/8".

They are the same pad as the famouse fatal1ty pad without his logo and the additional $15.00 for his ego.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_produ ... id=0027786

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:35 pm

So far I'm liking the Xtrac pad I have http://www.xtracpads.com

They have several varieties to suit your peferences.

Mine (and aparently all) come with a set of teflon stickers to go over your mouse feet and improve glide.

I've got the 10" x 16" x 3/16" Hybrid and one of the first things I've noticed is that it doesn't slide...

My old mouse pad (ok, 4 dell pads taped together on the backside) would slide all over, even with double-stick tape on the bottom.

Dr.Feelgood

Postby Dr.Feelgood » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:44 pm

ummm...I don't use mousepads.
Because I really don't have anything interesting to say for the most part...

"Hi mom!"

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:48 pm

At one point playing UT2003, my mouse slid off the desk, and for over a year, I never picked it up again...

But after I began to notice a change in the texture of the mousing area of my desk top, I went back to it.. then to the dell 'conglomerate' and now the Hybrid.

Mousing is more accurate with the x-trac pad than the desktop...but with my horrid playing skills, that hardly matters

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:28 pm

I have seen that xtrax pad law. Good to hear someone's feedback. It's funny to go see their endorsements on the opening page. They don't even give their last names, just "I like it" - Mike

:o

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:52 am

Yea, Houdini has one ... the Ripper XL I think ... so I didn't go into it completely blind. The Hybrid isn't quite as large, but ...since I drive a Hybrid, I had to have that one :-)

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:24 pm

Well, to dig up an old thread...

Today I upgraded to the X-Trac Ripper XL (14" x 17.75" x 1/8") of pure mousing pleasure. Really, I had no reason to replace the Hybrid (10" x 16" x 3/16"), but my mouse pad at work is another 'dell conglomerate' and I wanted to replace that with something that doesn't slide as much. The 'older' pad will go there, leaving me clean and fresh here at the Law Compound.

The Hybrid was getting a bit worn along the leading edge...wirst wear? ... and was looking a bit grey in places, but I expect many more months of service.

While the Rripper XL is thinner than the Hybrid, it's got the same cloth surface. The surface seems a bit smoother, but that may just be my imagination, or the accumulated dirt since I started this thread. Most importantly, like the Hybrid, it does not slide!

I also picked up an X-Trac Pro HS (8.5" x 11" x 3/32") for my wife. The smaller size was necessary to fit on the keyboard shelf of her desk. The harder surface makes it a 'faster' pad than either the Ripper XL or the Hybrid.
When I first got the Hybrid, I applied the 'mad dotz' which are teflon pads you stick over the feet of the mouse. They've since peeled off, but the Pro HS is a lot like having them back on the mouse. I imagine mousing with the Pro HS *and* the mad dotz would be like sliding wet ice across wet ice. I'm tempted to go ahead and order the Hammer (11" x17") just to see how UT2004 is on an HS pad, but for now, that will have to wait.

If I get the chance, I'll snag a picture of each...

Ace

Postby Ace » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:45 am

When it comes to gaming, just like everything else, size matters. He who has the biggest gun, wins. Size matters, those that say it doesn't, aren't packin enough. Here is my mouse pad (chick included for scale purposes):

My mousepad pwns yours

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:53 am

lol nice mouse pad ace...360° in 144 inches. Sensititvity would be -100.

Honestly if anyone is sill looking at the mouse pads the ripper XL by XTRAC is great.

-Frank Matthew Ausiello 11-29-05

The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.

Sir Winston Churchill, Speech at Harvard University, September 6, 1943

Naix

Postby Naix » Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:18 pm

World War III will be fought using atomic weapons, the war after that will be fought using sticks and stones.

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:34 am

Houdini wrote:Frank Matthew Ausiello 11-29-05

Own up... is it *really* Frank or is it some variation of Francis?

And I'm not too sure about the scale of that mouse pad... That girl may only be 4' tall :shock:

Return to “game hardware”