LCD Monitors Suck.....

What rig do you spend your time on?

Moderator: ForumModerators

Shadowhaxor

Postby Shadowhaxor » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:48 pm

nonstop wrote:
Shadowhaxor wrote:I don't know what to say... many know me as a hardcore UT player, and all I use are LCD's. Yah., it took sometime to get used to it , but I'd never go back to crt.

It all depends on which lcd you get, so you have to do your homework. Me, I ended up with a L90D+, and I love it so much I am trying to get another one.... This lcd rocks.

Shadow, go play some 1on1 with Ace then get back to me on that one. :wink:

Sure, I don't mind it... Not saying I am gonna lose cause of the monitor... I was never the best at 1v1, :lol:

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:45 am

Shadowhaxor wrote:Sure, I don't mind it... Not saying I am gonna lose cause of the monitor... I was never the best at 1v1, :lol:

Well first you have to find him. :o

My point is, I have tried the best response time lcd's out there and just a little motion blur goes a long way in ruining a competitive match. Viewsonic just introduced one with 3ms response time which is what crt's have, I'll believe it when I see it, but that might be getting closer. Do lcd's look better? Sure, but when your moving fast to much blur means missing shots and if your playing someone good that's your ass.

1on1 can prove to you more accurately what I'm talking about so hit me up for a game and I'll show you what I mean. If your just slummin the pubs and playing for fun and you can tolerate the blur then no reason to switch.

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:02 am

I had a dell 18" LCD when I was playing ut2003 and now I have the NEC MultiSync FE2111SB Monitor 22" SuperBright Diamondtron. I think you can get used to whatever your playing on but if you switch from one to the other there is no going back. Has anyone played on a big plasma screen?

The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.

Sir Winston Churchill, Speech at Harvard University, September 6, 1943

Return to “game hardware”