Of Keyboards Mice & Men

What rig do you spend your time on?

Moderator: ForumModerators

Prozac

Of Keyboards Mice & Men

Postby Prozac » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:02 pm

Hey everyone, workin' on improvin' here. Was wondering a few things:

1. what keyboard are u currently using
2. what do you have ur double tap sensitivity set to? (default is .25 i think)
3. do you notice that you're dodges and jumps are a little less sharp online as opposed to instant action?
4. what mouse are you currently using?
5. what mouse sensitivity are you using?

Right now I'm using a Microsoft wireless piece of crap mouse, and a Microsoft Natural Keyboard :evil: .........to think I used to have a Saitek and a G5 mouse :roll:

Thanks for your input and tips on the questions and feel free to add tips or advice on the hardware mentioned and setting tips on the UT stuff.

Prozac

Nytefyre
Clan Whore

Re: Of Keyboards Mice & Men

Postby Nytefyre » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:46 pm

keyboard: seriously, a $7 offa newegg basic logitech

mouse: my 518 MX logitech...love it, and it seems to work forever....one of the most solid mice EVER, and relatively cheap

doubletap sensitivity: default, .25

yes, there is a slight lag in all actions online versus instant action off your own setup

i have a 11X14 mousepad, and i have the mouse sensitivity set to .45 with default mouse ini settings and 1600 DPI on the mouse

i advise using a wired mouse and keyboard....ive used wireless, and i did fine, but the wired ones were more relaible and no battery changing!!

the more online u play, the more u get used to that 'speed' and the lag impact....practice of theory is good on you own box, but the online stuff is where u work on the timing
10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Consentrated Power of Will,
5% Pleasure, 50% Pain, and 100% Reason to Remember The Name

Return to “game hardware”