Guess I'm keeping it, so here it is!

What rig do you spend your time on?

Moderator: ForumModerators

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Postby pewterdragn » Wed May 16, 2007 11:52 am

Hahaha well I've seen the light! I invite you all to join me on the bright side :)
1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

Ace

Postby Ace » Wed May 16, 2007 12:59 pm

I'm agreeing with Dragn's 2005 view. So, sometime in 2009 I'll see this light that he sees....and probably will only playing GW then as well.

Ace

Postby Ace » Thu May 24, 2007 1:42 pm

With my rant in the other thread, thought I'd update this one to what fixed my bitches:

Moral of the story, don't get greedy when putting an entirely new system together (ie I changed too much stuff at once). What did me in was a post that, I think Houdini made (to lazy to look for it now, but it's around here somewhere), where one of the Pure guys was talking about the max frame rate. Curious to know how many fps the new 8800 could do in UT at my max screen size, I was dinking around in my .ini. By default it's set to 85 fps, I reset mine to something ridiculous. Setting to ridiculous and online play to not mix. That was what was causing the playing in concrete type symptoms I was experiencing and bitching about.

Putting it back to 85, moved me back to second worse clan member spot and I'm happy with that.

Technically, I don't understand how the fps on your own machine can cause that behavior in a network game. I would think that events would be the only thing "sent" and the fps is strictly what is being displayed, but obviously something else is going on.

Ultimately, I don't care because it plays much more like what I'm accustom too. Still think I was better pre-upgrade, but it's close enough now where I can live with it. The 24" still screws with me slightly, but that's only because of Nyte's ugly mug is showing up that much bigger.

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Thu May 24, 2007 3:29 pm

Really having the higher frame rate and also netspeed works well only when there is a few people playing. When the server is stuffed all the time it really has a negative benefit.

The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.

Sir Winston Churchill, Speech at Harvard University, September 6, 1943

Return to “game hardware”