hardware issues

What rig do you spend your time on?

Moderator: ForumModerators

Houdini

hardware issues

Postby Houdini » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:52 am

Well the mouse was good while it lasted but the Copperhead is dead. I actually think I killed it in Nyte fashion when flashing the new firmware. So I took it back but Best Buy has discontinued them so I just got cash back. On the way home I stopped by COMP USA and bought the new SAitek 3200 DPI laser mouse to try that. That thing was the worst piece of crap ever. If the Copperhead made the G5 look and feel like a VW Bug then this mouse would be a garbage truck. It also was behaving wildly at certain settings so that is going back. So now its just me and the G5 and it is not looking good.

On a brighter note the keyboard is pretty rad. Steelkeys 6G professional gaming keyboard. The keys are solid as hell and it is supposed to be more durable then the other ones out there. O well see you all on tonight.

The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.

Sir Winston Churchill, Speech at Harvard University, September 6, 1943

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:40 am

Try this one Houdini
I took the copperhead back beacuse I could not get a comfotable grip on it and got this one. I like it better than the g5 and the razer.
http://us.creative.com/products/product.asp?
category=10&subcategory=223&product=15161
Last edited by Porkinator on Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands
around reloading".--Thomas Jefferson

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:03 pm

hmmm I wish they had those at the store I hate getting this sort of stuff online. I am thinking about getting that fatlaity version.

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:25 pm

well after reading about that mouse on the creative website there is some issues there. I did not see anything about the one that you have pork so maybe the button issues with the fatality are not with yours. I honestly think I am going to order another copperhead from new egg. :evil:

nonstop

Re: hardware issues

Postby nonstop » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:03 am

Houdini wrote:Well the mouse was good while it lasted but the Copperhead is dead. I actually think I killed it in Nyte fashion when flashing the new firmware. So I took it back but Best Buy has discontinued them so I just got cash back. On the way home I stopped by COMP USA and bought the new SAitek 3200 DPI laser mouse to try that. That thing was the worst piece of crap ever. If the Copperhead made the G5 look and feel like a VW Bug then this mouse would be a garbage truck. It also was behaving wildly at certain settings so that is going back. So now its just me and the G5 and it is not looking good.

On a brighter note the keyboard is pretty rad. Steelkeys 6G professional gaming keyboard. The keys are solid as hell and it is supposed to be more durable then the other ones out there. O well see you all on tonight.

Was it behaving erradicly before you flashed it? If not, why did you flash it?

Where you playing with the saitek last night, Sunday?

Houdini

Re: hardware issues

Postby Houdini » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:24 pm

nonstop wrote:
Houdini wrote:Well the mouse was good while it lasted but the Copperhead is dead. I actually think I killed it in Nyte fashion when flashing the new firmware. So I took it back but Best Buy has discontinued them so I just got cash back. On the way home I stopped by COMP USA and bought the new SAitek 3200 DPI laser mouse to try that. That thing was the worst piece of crap ever. If the Copperhead made the G5 look and feel like a VW Bug then this mouse would be a garbage truck. It also was behaving wildly at certain settings so that is going back. So now its just me and the G5 and it is not looking good.

Was it behaving erradicly before you flashed it? If not, why did you flash it?

Where you playing with the saitek last night, Sunday?

The thing is with the Copperhead driver updates they include the file for you to flash the mouse so I am fairly certain if done right its ok. That was one of their selling points to camers to be able to update the thing. It seemed to me that I should of took more time to do a clean install of the drivers when I did the update. When I get my new one I am going to flash it once to the latest set. I figure with the G5 actualy working all of the sudden I will take the gamble.

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:21 pm

Well as usual there is always something nuts I do. I really did have a feeling that the mouse was not dead but I still took it back to the store because it could be returned. So today I received the new copperhead from new egg and the same crap was still happening. It lights up but does not work and when installing the drivers it says it failed do to already having an active service name. So I went through the registry as directed by razor to delete razer entries and restarted with the same effect. So Pork the freakin genius suggests I use registry mechanic. I turned to iso hunt and haxored me a copy and it worked! Pork you rule man. See you all online.

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:28 pm

Houdini wrote:Well as usual there is always something nuts I do. I really did have a feeling that the mouse was not dead but I still took it back to the store because it could be returned. So today I received the new copperhead from new egg and the same crap was still happening. It lights up but does not work and when installing the drivers it says it failed do to already having an active service name. So I went through the registry as directed by razor to delete razer entries and restarted with the same effect. So Pork the freakin genius suggests I use registry mechanic. I turned to iso hunt and haxored me a copy and it worked! Pork you rule man. See you all online.

Nice.

Return to “game hardware”