AMD responds to quad core with this?

What rig do you spend your time on?

Moderator: ForumModerators

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:04 pm

Yea.
It is not as fast but has a great upgrade path.

http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/11/30/ ... uad_cores/
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands
around reloading".--Thomas Jefferson

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:47 am

Well, the only problem I see right now with the Core 2 Duos, is that the mobos they have aren't all that great, and that's kind of the reason why I went AMD. In all respects, Intel clearly has the edge here, from every standpoint.

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:41 pm

Avaris wrote:Well, the only problem I see right now with the Core 2 Duos, is that the mobos they have aren't all that great.

Errant info Av. I have a core2 board and it's rock solid, so does Rom. Not sure where your gleaning your info but the boards are fine.

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:21 pm

nonstop wrote:
Avaris wrote:Well, the only problem I see right now with the Core 2 Duos, is that the mobos they have aren't all that great.

Errant info Av. I have a core2 board and it's rock solid, so does Rom. Not sure where your gleaning your info but the boards are fine.

I *upgraded* at the beginning of November, and they didn't have very good boards out then. At least, ones that were within a budget price range. I'm sure right now they're probably better.

Edit: Also, I didn't get any of the Intel mobos because I still use hard drives that you need IDE cables for, and buying new ones was not an option, my bad.

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:54 pm

Avaris wrote:
nonstop wrote:

I *upgraded* at the beginning of November, and they didn't have very good boards out then. At least, ones that were within a budget price range. I'm sure right now they're probably better.

Edit: Also, I didn't get any of the Intel mobos because I still use hard drives that you need IDE cables for, and buying new ones was not an option, my bad.

How much did you spend on your board?

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:41 pm

nonstop wrote:
Avaris wrote:
nonstop wrote:

How much did you spend on your board?

I think just around 100 dollars, but it was on sale, I think.

Return to “game hardware”