Good article on building a new Intel system.

What rig do you spend your time on?

Moderator: ForumModerators

nonstop

Good article on building a new Intel system.

Postby nonstop » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:27 am

Timely for law and naix as I know you are both looking at building a new system. The focus here is on the e6300 as it's the new o/c champ so you can get $1000.00 chip performance for $180.00 right now.

I will be building a core 2 duo system in the next 2 weeks as well so it's nice and timely.

http://www.fastsilicon.com/content/view/87/27/

" AMD has lost the clock-for-clock performance crown. When we think of the enthusiast looking for the best bang for his or her buck, we have to use different criteria than an OEM would when making recommendations. As such, we see little reason to recommend AMD's Athlon64 or X2 series CPU's. On the basis of price point, even with AMD's aggressive pricing, we don't see enough of a practical difference to sway us away from Core2Duo, especially with the attractive pricing of the E6300 itself."
Last edited by nonstop on Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Naix

Postby Naix » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:17 pm

Awesome find, please keep us updated on when they release the next article on some setups!

Thanks man 8)
World War III will be fought using atomic weapons, the war after that will be fought using sticks and stones.

Naix

Postby Naix » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:37 pm

Did they ever update or release anything new? Doesnt look like it to me...lame!
World War III will be fought using atomic weapons, the war after that will be fought using sticks and stones.

Return to “game hardware”