Ti Server Kills computer!!! Dragon to be sued!!!

Anything related to our Game and Voice Servers.

Moderator: ForumModerators

BeerNut

Ti Server Kills computer!!! Dragon to be sued!!!

Postby BeerNut » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:42 pm

The Ti server is responsible for its first frag... of a computer.

In case you didn't know, stoker6 is "Taffy", a regular on the TDM server:
Stoker6 wrote:Well it was time for an upgrade, but, it was realized on a strange event.

A couple evenings ago I was playing like I always do, getting in a fun game (forget the map) on the Ti TDM server when I reached for my beer. Heh, well I missed and knocked it over. It just so happens that one of my 5 case fans is located on top of the case. The beer spilled over and went into the computer through the top case fan!

I reactively grabbed for the beer in an attempt to save it (the hell with the carpet, it was my last beer ) and in doing so my leg rammed the computer desk very violently.

Don't know if it was the beer or the shock of hitting the desk, but I lost video. I was able to get it to post one final time but when I went to set the computer back on the stand it shut off. Tried a new PS but no go. The PS isn't turning anything on. Even when it did the CPU wouldn't post. Now it doesn't even attempt to power on.

Funny thing is I was using my laptop and the computer was just sitting there with power applied and it just turned on by itself one final time....yikes! Couldn't get it to power on at all afterwards.

So, I just orderd a 4400+ dual core with an ASRock MB. It can run either AGP or PCIe so I'll get to use my X800 pro for a while longer. Wonder if it will run 2k7? Also, I get to use my pre-existing PS, RAM (corsair XMS DC), SB audigy, etc...

Had it overnighted, should be back up tomorrow!

Cya then

I have advised taffy to take immediate legal action against Pewter. Much like slipping on someone's walk, since the incident occurred in Dragon's domain, certainly he shares responsibility.
I figure that pain and suffering alone is worth thousands. :wink:
*Beer -&- UT*

ClownMajik
SpoogeMan!

Postby ClownMajik » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:07 pm

I made this just for you Taffy

"Of all the moments in my life, you were always there somewhere. Once as a wish. Once as a blessing. And now as the greatest loss I'll ever experience."

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Postby pewterdragn » Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:13 pm

hmm... sounds like you need to sue the beer company for free beer!
1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

Return to “ut: server stuff”