I just got banned?

Anything related to our Game and Voice Servers.

Moderator: ForumModerators

Auron

I just got banned?

Postby Auron » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:40 pm

I've played in your server over and over again and enjoy it b/c it's not usually as filled and loud as the turtles server (location is good too). I'm generally pretty polite and nice while playing. Not really sure why I just got banned, there's only so many servers I can play on these days...

I'm fine with a ban if you feel it's deserved (I hope it's not b/c you think I'm cheating, as I'm a well respected member of the community and have been for years. I don't think that's the case though), I just want an explanation...

Auron

Re: I just got banned?

Postby Auron » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:43 pm

I also got banned two years ago under similar circumstances.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2243

Sideous Prime
Clan Leader

Postby Sideous Prime » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:33 am

Auron, yesterday on Campgrounds, I was on your team specing. There were only two players left and you were fighting Prozac to end the round. I watched you fire a shot at seemingly nobody, near the top of the jump-pad by the rocket launcher(TDM). Then you ran down, stood between the pillars and then threw a flak ball at Prozac. Prozac was on top of one of those pillars, I know because we were all talking on teamspeak and they were telling me where Prozac was. Then, when you barely missed Prozac, you ran to the rocket jumpad and had a shot waiting for him.

Tell me, how did you do that?
"You'll never stop at one. I'll take you all on!"

Auron

Postby Auron » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:29 am

I could hear him up there, and knew he was up there to begin with (there's only so many places he could go). Plus, through long-time map experience, I know that whenever players stay near that rocket area, they usually patrol back and forth and keep themselves at the higher vantage point, and I never heard any large thud from falling down. Whenever I went up the rocket boost pad, I didn't necessarily know exactly where he was, but I had a very good idea he was probably in the rocket area up there, so I went up the boost pad expecting to see him, then I would react with my flak ball with the limited amount of time I could see him. It's a normal move I've seen countless players do. Whenever it's a 1 on 1 situation, I can hear everything as well. If I start tracking 3-4 players through walls at once, then I'd be worried. Plus, anyone that's played with me before know I spam a lot.

I ran over to the side stairs following that (still knowing he was up there) and before I went up the stairs, saw a small glimpse of him so I would know to expect him (and I knew he saw me going up as well). I don't have any problem being watched and scrutinized in the future, I just don't want to be banned. Never have cheated, never will cheat.

EDIT: I sent a flak ball at Prozac at the pillars because I clearly saw him running at me from between the pillars. If you had a demo, I could very easily clear this up. I ran back to the rocket jump-pad trying to find a way to get behind him, but only fired a shot and ran away whenever I saw him running at me at rockets from around the corner.

Auron

Postby Auron » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:45 pm

Not trying to be rude, but I feel I deserve a response. I've played on your server as either Auron or -sKu-Bundy- for years, and only once before had any problem. :?

I wouldn't have any problem with being demo'd and being able to explain myself as events are happening on teamspeak if that would be necessary. Hell, I don't mind being able to play under the stipulation that I have to be on voice with you guys in order to play :(. I just want to play, and the turtles server blows nuts.

Sideous Prime
Clan Leader

Postby Sideous Prime » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:41 pm

I appologize for the delay. I've been away from the boards for a couple days. I hope my work hasn't put a wrinkle in getting you your quick response.

Auron wrote:Whenever it's a 1 on 1 situation, I can hear everything as well. If I start tracking 3-4 players through walls at once, then I'd be worried.

you can hear everything eh?

Auron

Postby Auron » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:59 pm

Well, not everything :o . But enough to know which direction I should be looking for someone in a 1 on 1 situation. I won't be able to track them perfectly through walls, but will know at least where to expect them to come from and when most of the time. If a player makes a big thud from a fall, on most maps, I'm gonna hear it (some maps a lot easier than others). If you demo me enough, you'll realize I'll react to sounds and spam the hell out of areas where I expect someone to be (even without seeing them).

I wasn't trying to be rude, I just assumed my appeal was being ignored. No big hurry in getting any resolution done. I can't play until the weekend anyway :)

Sideous Prime
Clan Leader

Postby Sideous Prime » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:08 pm

ok cool cool. pretty wicked sick through walls. do you just crank your sound up with headphones on?

Auron

Postby Auron » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:32 pm

High volume and going through several headsets before I found one that works phenomenally. Plantronics dsp-550 ftw.

Sideous Prime
Clan Leader

Postby Sideous Prime » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:57 pm

d00d, i got a set of sennheisers and i boost my volume(creative x-fi titanium) and i can't hear stuff unless i change my sound rolloff. do i have to edit my rolloff value and still boost my audio volume levels? that would really help trying to kill fucking nytefyre.

Auron

Postby Auron » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:04 am

Not really sure about that. Sure rolloff helps, but isn't really necessary. I think my rolloff is set at 0.4 these days (everything below that really f'd with my sound perception).

Regardless, I don't think the situation the other night was really an issue with sound as much as it was with map experience and making logical guesses/spamming. I just really wish you guys would use more situations to gather "evidence" against me than an isolated incident where I never tracked anyone through any walls to begin with. The situations you mentioned were due to me (and you should have) seeing prozac myself and reacting accordingly. I really wish you had the demo so that I could make some sort of case for myself other than what I have already (and what little I remember).

It's not like I was just some new guy that just installed the game playing in your server. I've racked up over 2100 hours in the game over a seven year span, and several of those hours were played on your server. I've even played against you guys in TWL TAM matches before with k1 and -sKu- (I think). I just don't understand why this one isolated incident that, in my opinion, wasn't even particularly suspicious was the one that got me banned. I wasn't really playing well, I lost the round, and I only played a couple of rounds that night.

I wouldn't be making such a big deal of this or even really care except for the fact that there are only so many servers to play on these days. Yours is the best server location for me, and most of the time I enjoy playing on it.

Sideous Prime
Clan Leader

Postby Sideous Prime » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:28 pm

Thanks for the response....

one last thing...

you seem to be a very open minded person and you're sharing your information openly and i have every reason to think it will stay that way. but answer me this. so many times, so many times, you leave in the middle of a game and then return a few minutes later. why?

Auron

Postby Auron » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:42 pm

I live with a fiance who doesn't understand the concept that I can't pause online games, haha. "Honey can you get that for me?" if a frequent occurrence in the apartment. So instead of idling in the server for a couple of rounds, I leave and then come back when I'm done with whatever I'm doing. Also, I was having connection issues a few nights ago when I came and played. Connection kept lagging out on me and returning a few seconds later.

Return to “ut: server stuff”