Banned Player: Burrito

Anything related to our Game and Voice Servers.

Moderator: ForumModerators

]WM[Warped_Out

Banned Player: Burrito

Postby ]WM[Warped_Out » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:37 pm

I have been a participant of the Unreal Admin Page since the days of Dr. Sin. In additon, I begin playing this game since UT99 was introduced, and have been an admin of a UT server almost since the day UT began. I have particiapted with a team on Clanbase, OGL, IGL, PG, TWL, and CAL, and some that perhaps I have forgotten.

Why am I posting here? A player by the name of Burrito was recently banned on your server. He posted an appeal on the Unreal Admin Page and I referred him to your forum since no one responded to his "appeal" on the Unreal Admin Page.

It is rare that I ever post in any clan's forum. I dislike forums immensely and from reading some of the comments regarding this individual, I think my reasoning is well founded.

Burrito stands accused of using an aimbot. Is it from association with one of his old clans, where a couple of aimbots were found? Or is it because of his flak bending, or his mini homing in, his LG targeting funny, or because he called someone a hack, or perhaps of his inconsistent playing?

To do what is right, I believe the admin of the clan should present this individual with an explanation of why he was banned. Lord knows I am the king of banning peeps, but I will not hesitate to admit I am wrong or give a player a reason for what I belive is a good reason to ban him. But, to leave this individual with the rediculous reasons I have seen posted by the most inexperienced explanations I have ever seen is an absolute shame.

Pardon me for interfering but I regard you guys as a legitimate batch of players, but I am quite disappointed in your reaction to this player, who I will add, I do not know from Adam. You might consider enabling Server Side Demo's to conclude an offense has occured. Until then, you really need to reconsider.

]WM[Warped_Out
Admin: War-Mongers Clan
Since: UT99

-Jeta-
Site Admin

Postby -Jeta- » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:59 pm

Thanks for your post Warp. Where I am not sure if the Clan leader has had a chance to respond to him yet or not, he definatly has NOT gone without explanation. Multiple clan members who played with him that night have talked to him MANY times regarding it.

Ti are all in it for a good time. When we feel someone is playing with more than his or her skill, we tend to frown on that. Unfortunatly,as you know, there are many haxs out there and Anti TCC is catching less and less. So at times we have to use judgement as to who we do not want to return to our server.

So thats my 2 cents for what its worth!
... WTF ...

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Re: Banned Player: Burrito

Postby pewterdragn » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:13 pm

]WM[Warped_Out wrote:Burrito stands accused of using an aimbot. Is it from association with one of his old clans, where a couple of aimbots were found? Or is it because of his flak bending, or his mini homing in, his LG targeting funny, or because he called someone a hack, or perhaps of his inconsistent playing?

To do what is right, I believe the admin of the clan should present this individual with an explanation of why he was banned. Lord knows I am the king of banning peeps, but I will not hesitate to admit I am wrong or give a player a reason for what I belive is a good reason to ban him. But, to leave this individual with the rediculous reasons I have seen posted by the most inexperienced explanations I have ever seen is an absolute shame.

Pardon me for interfering but I regard you guys as a legitimate batch of players, but I am quite disappointed in your reaction to this player, who I will add, I do not know from Adam. You might consider enabling Server Side Demo's to conclude an offense has occured. Until then, you really need to reconsider.

Burrito has been banned because enough people in my clan had legitimate concerns to request that he be banned. The "cloudiness" following him on many other websites/boards highlights the concerns people have brought and grants inspection.

Yes, it'd be nice if I had a nice batch of serverside demos in a highlight reel. I may even do it at your request if I ever get the time. Point is, I don't have to have a serverside demo.

Playing on someone's public server is a privledge, not a right. We've observed him and feel that our inexperienced yet ridiculous reasons are good enough for us.

I do appreciate your concern over his ban. I am cautious about who we ban. I've lifted more bans then we've ever kept. I just see no reason to reverse it at this time.
1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

Return to “ut: server stuff”