Soulja & Yrrek sent me.

Post your intent to join only if you are up to the responsibilities of clan membership.

Moderator: ForumModerators

rob[GL]

Soulja & Yrrek sent me.

Postby rob[GL] » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:24 pm

I found the Tribal Instinct server in the server browser a few months ago, I played on it for a day and really really enjoyed myself. Well, life got hectic and I haven't had a computer until recently... I work, or I should say "worked" for a local computer store, I loved my job as a technician/system builder, but due to some politics and BS surrounding my wifes employment, I am now jobless... Which is cool though, because now I get to sit on my big fat ass and play UT2004 all day, on my new machine.

So, for the past 3 days I've done pretty much fuckall except play UT2004, I've met a LOT of cool people, most of them 1000x better than I am... Peasoup, Proxy, MeatWad, Pyite, just to name a few... Your server gets a lot of attention, and I love playing on it.

My main reason to wanting to join, is simple, I want to improve, and I don't think there is a better bunch of guys to practice with.

So, yeah... I heard there will be practice tonight, can you fit me in?
Everyone may piss in the pool but you have to be extra mean to do it from the high diving board.

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:42 pm

Hey Rob,

Nice to see you stopped by. We should have room for you in practice tonight, I believe tonight is the "fun" night and relaxing night. So no worries, we hope to see you around. We usually get on Teamspeak as well, but you have to have an account for that.

Just a few questions...

How old are you?

How often can you play?

Why do you think -Ti- is right for you?

yadda yadda you sort of answered everything but go ahead anyways hahaha...
"Son look at all the people linin' up for plastic, wouldnt you like to see them in the national geographic? Squatting bare assed in the dirt eatin' rice from a bowl, with a towel on their head and maybe a bone in their nose?"

Yrrek

Postby Yrrek » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:31 pm

Hey man, glad to see you posting!

Welcome to the boards and I look forward to playing with you again!

rob[GL]

Postby rob[GL] » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:42 pm

22 years old, every damn day, and self explanatory...
Everyone may piss in the pool but you have to be extra mean to do it from the high diving board.

rob[GL]

Postby rob[GL] » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:40 pm

I've been practicing for like 4 hours on that FnG map... I still can't get the armor, somebody will have to teach me... Hehe. I can get to the top, but every time I try to jump across, I just catch that board in the teeth... :P

Trickiest part for me so far was just getting over to the little elevator thing, but I figured that jump out all by myself.

Also, I realized I didn't have my sensitivity set correctly... I read through the strategy guide on this site, it was major helpful.

You guys use sensitivity of around 1? Crazy... I had mine at 3, default... I never knew how much more accurate I could be by dropping it down some and having the mouse move more smoothly...

I went from 3 down to 0.75, it was torture at first, but after leaving it that way for an hour or so , and then trying to go back to 3... Terrible...

Sitting at 2 now, and feeling good.

When is practice?

Yrrek

Postby Yrrek » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:31 pm

Practices are monday and wednesday nights at ~9EST. We usually play on the TAM server. Any of us can show you how to get over there. Either wall dodge (double jump out as far as you can then double dodge off the wall) or just double dodge straight across, either way works. Moving your sense down helps a ton for your aim also. Have you set hotkeys yet? Map everything around your left hand and practice with it until you have it down. Keep up the good work bud!

rob[GL]

Postby rob[GL] » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:44 pm

Yeah, just finished mapping my keys for the first time... Man is this ever gonna take some getting used to...

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:13 pm

It'll take a while, but it'll be worth, believe me. When nonstop taught me how to do this, it improved my game A TON.

Yrrek

Postby Yrrek » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:05 am

Mine also. =) Just ask nonstop! haha

rob[GL]

Postby rob[GL] » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:04 pm

Well, I'm back in the saddle again. Woke up early with the wife this morning, she went to work to earn the bread again... I'm playing UT. hehe. :)

I'm fooling around with the "mouse smoothing" option, what do the rest of you have it set at? Default 0.30?

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:22 pm

Mine is set to about 1 hahaha...I put my sensitivity on about 2.5, and the smoothing high so when I aim for a shot, its a little bit easier to get. Plus I use a Thumb ball mouse...most people don't and everyone bitches at me that I use one hahahaha...
"Son look at all the people linin' up for plastic, wouldnt you like to see them in the national geographic? Squatting bare assed in the dirt eatin' rice from a bowl, with a towel on their head and maybe a bone in their nose?"

Yrrek

Postby Yrrek » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:33 pm

Soulja you dumbass, get a real mouse!

rob[GL]

Postby rob[GL] » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:10 pm

Well guys, I decided to take a break for a bit... I'm gonna go have a shower and stuff... But before I do, I have a little present for you...

Hey, Yrrek remember yesterday I could barely climb up those vertical sheets of metal? Well with 1 day of practice... Check this out...

http://members.shaw.ca/robert.ritchie/rob001.demo4

rob[GL]

Postby rob[GL] » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:11 pm

Oh, and for the record...

I did get that sniper on another attempt. :)

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:16 pm

I actually prefer these types of mice more. I have more control. Its all about practice ;)

Return to “join -Ti-”