Hey there

Post your intent to join only if you are up to the responsibilities of clan membership.

Moderator: ForumModerators

Blind_Squirrel

Hey there

Postby Blind_Squirrel » Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:33 pm

Well, I'm kinda new to the board. I play under the name Blind_Squirrel (now) but had played for most of my time as Beeefcake!!! (from a Southpark episode that isn't quite as amusing as time goes by...might need to find a name that fits better, but would rather frag now then think about it). As a middle aged guy who's quit his career to go back to school, my time is fairly flexible for now. Work full time hourly gig and taking classes part time, but still find some time in the evenings...If/when I get into dental school it will dry up fast but fall '06 looks to be my entrance date so that's a ways away without an act of congress or god; neither seems to be rushing to my aid at the moment for an '05 acceptance...

Ti seems to be the place I've returned to play again and again because apart from some good natured joshing, there isn't the herd of idiots spamming the voice and text, and the players never fail to school me and show me there's more to learn.

As far as skillz, can't say that's my big drawing point...I want to blame my rig somewhat, but have found with software patches to the OS, openGL and UT things are pretty playable...not that I wouldn't love to try this with something better than the minimum requirement machine (800 MHz G4 - Mac). Practice and time have made the difference, and I've gone from routinely scoring in the single to double digits - hope to continue improving. At least for now I give the high score hotdogs someone they can roll up the points on yet still cause a little aggravation...If I could cut my suicides in half that would be great too.

I never thought I'd like to join a clan...don't really play any other games which is part lack of knowledge of others which stems from the historical lack of fun titles on the mac and not being exposed to gaming since the Atari 2600 until my cousin lent me his xbox for a few weeks last summer and I got the bug. Tried a few demos, but this is all I play with any regularity.

I don't have a sponsor - maybe somebody will adopt me? I don't have alot else to add for now, but happy to answer questions.

Thanks

-Jeta-
Site Admin

Postby -Jeta- » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:10 pm

First step is to talk to Drgn/Deadly ...

Then find a sponsor :)

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:58 pm

Welcome Squirrel. I've played with you on the server a few times, you have some skills. Welcome and enjoy your stay!!!
"Son look at all the people linin' up for plastic, wouldnt you like to see them in the national geographic? Squatting bare assed in the dirt eatin' rice from a bowl, with a towel on their head and maybe a bone in their nose?"

Nytefyre
Clan Whore

Postby Nytefyre » Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:55 pm

i remember u as the beefkake!!!

good to c u on here man.....ya, clear ur status with PD or deadly, and then that will start ur possible entry to Ti....
10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Consentrated Power of Will,
5% Pleasure, 50% Pain, and 100% Reason to Remember The Name

Blind_Squirrel

Postby Blind_Squirrel » Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:51 pm

Thanks for the welcome!

will follow up per your messages and either way look forward to seeing you in the tourney...

Deadly
Clan Leader

Postby Deadly » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:54 pm

hi Squirrel,

Just play with us for a while and get to know our members. Then we can decide if there's a next step. We have practice on Mondays and Wednesdays at 9 pm est. Come play with us then.
Deadly

Blind_Squirrel

Postby Blind_Squirrel » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:32 pm

Sounds Great!

can you help me w/ one detail? please confirm that I should go to the public server at those times...

I've been around under this name and beeefcake!!! and like playing with this group in particular...though I've never indicated an interest in the clan thing before.

The only frustration I have (well, apart from my "skillz") is getting "kicked", usually on Wed. evenings...it wouldn't be so bad if it at least let you see your score before you left, and maybe got to transition to a spectator to wait another turn; but, instead the game bounces you out to the main menu, but that's probably a function of the game design and beyond control of server preferences...

Anyway, look forward to seeing you there.

thanks!

Deadly
Clan Leader

Postby Deadly » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:12 pm

We're practicing on the comp server, not the public server on Mon & Wed. Email either myself, or Pewter for the pw.

deadly@trance-formations.com
Deadly

Blind_Squirrel

Postby Blind_Squirrel » Tue May 03, 2005 6:02 pm

deadly,

great, sent you an email - look forward to seeing you guys M/W evenings...

thanks

Deadly
Clan Leader

Postby Deadly » Wed May 04, 2005 5:54 am

I haven't received your email. Please send again with the subject "Tribal Instinct Server Info" so that it will pass my spam filters. Thanks. deadly@trance-formations.com
Deadly

-Jeta-
Site Admin

Postby -Jeta- » Wed May 04, 2005 11:04 am

You should just PM them through the site silly :)
... WTF ...

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Wed May 04, 2005 12:15 pm

Yeah, that pm option is a useful one.. Lo and behold, Jeta did NOT swear :o

Deadly
Clan Leader

Postby Deadly » Wed May 04, 2005 2:21 pm

thanks 4 the tip Jeta. I didn't think of pm-ing through the site. the squirrel has the info in his in box now.
Deadly

-Jeta-
Site Admin

Postby -Jeta- » Wed May 04, 2005 2:48 pm

:)
... WTF ...

Blind_Squirrel

Postby Blind_Squirrel » Thu May 05, 2005 9:42 am

Hey there, thanks, got the PW...but, after all that, not able to find the server...doh!!!

I'll PM Pewter or Deadly for the IP Address.

Thanks again for all your input.

- B.S.

Return to “join -Ti-”