Hey there

Post your intent to join only if you are up to the responsibilities of clan membership.

Moderator: ForumModerators

BeerNut

Postby BeerNut » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:08 pm

Nothing but sanity here...

:)
sup squirrel... gg's the other night.
*Beer -&- UT*

Blind_Squirrel

Postby Blind_Squirrel » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:19 pm

Ohhh. sorry, thought I was somewhere else...been happening alot lately...Giligan's Island, island of sanity, my living room...your living room?

Beer Nut...That made me laugh out loud so hard. Thanks.

Myxx...spelling was never my strong point...though I'm not quite sure what IS my strong point... :D

Blind_Squirrel

Postby Blind_Squirrel » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:08 pm

Sadness. About 1 hour after getting dumped, knocked a lamp over which knowcked a glass of water over and spilled several ounces into my iBook...dried out for a few days and screen won't come up, sound muted...though the good news is it boots and I could suck files off the drive over ethernet.

Getting estimates to fix, but if screen replacement needed will be as expensive to fix as buy similar used on ebay...

So much for my TeamSpeak...

:(

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:33 pm

Blind_Squirrel wrote:Sadness. About 1 hour after getting dumped, knocked a lamp over which knowcked a glass of water over and spilled several ounces into my iBook...dried out for a few days and screen won't come up, sound muted...though the good news is it boots and I could suck files off the drive over ethernet.

Getting estimates to fix, but if screen replacement needed will be as expensive to fix as buy similar used on ebay...

So much for my TeamSpeak...

:(

Squirrel,

does the mac have any kind of remote desktop you can hook to? If it's booting, you could remote in to start teamspeak :-)

Blind_Squirrel

Postby Blind_Squirrel » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:45 pm

been out of the loop for a while...

Great idea...thanks for the input. Unfortunately, unlike MS's remote desktop which is free, Apple sells a GUI remote seperately (like $100) or it can be purchased as part of a Server/Administrator OS version for big bucks...both are out of the budget. The bench fee is $140 (including any and all labor) at CompUSA, hoping I can probably get this repaired for about 200-300 total.

Unix terminal / SSH access would work if I had the skillz...but I have a temporary solution.

Looking at it from just the right angle in just the right light I can see the most faint image, useless to do anything, but good to know the computer is sending the screen a signal...so the good news is it is just the backlights or whatever (power inverter do hickey thing) lights them up.

recommitted to the DAT--come to far not to try again, will be done in 2 weeks and immediately going back to work-- after a few paychecks come in will look get it repaired...while it is probably half what it is worth, it is just great sturdy little machine that apart from my clumsy manuever has been the most trouble free box I've owned.

The other good news and temporary fix is my apartment neighbor gave me an old tv they were going to toss (she asked me to help carry it to the garbage...) and then I had the proverbial lightning bolt-- the video out actually worked fine to the TV (i've used it in the past for DVD watching...it is large to fit around the computer, but maybe as an interim measure it is good, though if you've ever hooked up your computer to a tv for anything other than video/pics you know what a nightmare the text is!!!

Hope y'all are well. Started playing a bit this weekend, but need to limit until I get the test out of the way.

Ciao

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Postby pewterdragn » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:27 pm

good luck man
1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

Return to “join -Ti-”